2018-19 NHL Season

ninersdd

12 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

I really try to avoid the whole “the league was against us” or “the NHL rigged it” attitude, but it’s hard to not feel a little shafted after that loss. Having to play your bitter rival on the road in the second half of a back to back to start your season, while they get to open against you on the back end of that back to back against a tired goalie, seems a little unfair. But hey, loser point. ?

Scheduling loss. 

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s hard to get excited after that Hawks win. I mean, I know that Ward pitched a 40-minute shutout but he gave up three goals on nine shots and it took until late in the game to tie it up. I’ll gladly take the win but it just doesn’t fill me with confidence against the most dumpster fire-iest of all current NHL dumpster fires. We shall see, though. There were positives to be had and Crawford should be back soon. I hope that he’s back to his old self and that he’s not rushing back just because the team needs him. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

15 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

I really try to avoid the whole “the league was against us” or “the NHL rigged it” attitude, but it’s hard to not feel a little shafted after that loss. Having to play your bitter rival on the road in the second half of a back to back to start your season, while they get to open against you on the back end of that back to back against a tired goalie, seems a little unfair. But hey, loser point. ?

You literally just raised a Cup banner!

Complaining about getting 3 of four points and scoring 13 goals in two games.... come on now.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

2 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

You literally just raised a Cup banner!

Complaining about getting 3 of four points and scoring 13 goals in two games.... come on now.

For the record, I was only complaining because we lost to the Penguins and my hatred for Pittsburgh sports, specifically the Penguins, is deep-rooted and significant.  But yeah, not a great look.  I'm not trying to become like Red Sox Nation though and immediately become like our entitled rivals as soon as we get our title, so I apologize.

spacer.png

Oh look, the Kings had a season opener that resulted in a point instead of a 6-0 blowout. Progress!

For the Duck fans around here (paging @Still MIGHTY) there’s a fantastic article on The Athletic chronicalling the inception and first season of the franchise. Even goes into pirate photo shoots and the rise and fall of Ice Man.

VmWIn6B.png

Now Jonathan Toews is not going to maintain a pace that will end with him scoring 137 goals this season but I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

3 minutes ago, the admiral said:

CAM WARD SUCKS SO HARD I HATE HIM WITH MY LIFE

*downs Canadian whiskey*

Woooooo!

Seriously though. My condolences to Hawks fans. I’d only wish Cam Ward on the Red Wings or Knights :( 

Let the record show that I posted in 36-point type before he gave up his seventh goal on the night 19 seconds into sudden death on a weird burbling pseudo-shot.

I wish him on the wolves. Not the Chicago Wolves, I want him eaten by actual wolves.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

16 hours ago, Wings said:

Blackawks will finish 5th in the Central according to my calculations. 

Sounds about right: figure that it's Winnipeg, Nashville, and everyone else, they can finish between 3rd and 7th, 5th is right in the middle. But there's a path to 3rd if Toews, Kane, and Crawford can drag them there. I'm not sold on St. Louis; Ryan O'Reilly has been a disappointment for most of his career and I don't see why it'll be any different in St. Louis, Shortofexpectationsville USA. Colorado, much like Dallas, can't string postseason appearances together because what they both do is build strong but flawed teams that get good breaks and catch teams napping, but once those dates start getting circled, they fall back apart. I feel like Minnesota's gotten about as much out of that jalopy as they're gonna get.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

The Buffalo Sabres are over .500 for the first time since January 24, 2013.

If there are any folding tables left in the city of Buffalo, now seems like a good time to jump off the room of a van onto one.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

On 10/5/2018 at 12:36 PM, RyanMcD29 said:

Golden Knights are now 0-5 since Imagine Dragons had their pregame performance before Game 2

UPDATE

Golden Knights are now 0-5 vs the Caps and with 0 ROWs in 8 games since Imagine Dragons had their pregame performance before Game 2

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Archived