Winnipeg Jets Unveil New Alternate Uniform

SportsLogos.Net News

Winnipeg Jets New Uniform Leaked to Message Board

September 13, 2018 - 16:12 PM

On the eve of its official unveiling, it appears the new alternate uniform of the Winnipeg Jets has leaked. Posted to HFBoards’ Jets forum by a user named Brominator earlier this morning, the photo in that post links back to […]

Read More...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish the navy stripes were red. It's not a bad uniform. The word mark could be more creative. I keep wanting to think of ways to cross the T with a jet, but I don't see how you avoid the body shape comparisons. It would have been better if it was a throwback, but it beats a black or grey jersey. 

Kinda hard to judge without numbers or pants or the rest of the ensemble. I have the feeling that the entire set as a whole may wind up being greater than this one part. Still, a shoulder patch or a little bit of red or grey in the striping would have been nice.

33 minutes ago, NickNolanPhD said:

I wish the navy stripes were red. It's not a bad uniform. The word mark could be more creative. I keep wanting to think of ways to cross the T with a jet, but I don't see how you avoid the body shape comparisons. It would have been better if it was a throwback, but it beats a black or grey jersey. 

The "T" is crossed with a Jet, my friend.

1 minute ago, NickNolanPhD said:

I sort of see it, it's sleek. I guess that's about the best you can do. I was thinking the red jet that was in the 90s logo, and that really made me feel it could be interesting looking to say the least. 

Yeah, it is definitely subtle.

Much like the new Sharks 3rd, this crosses a line from "simple" to "barren." Maybe the number treatment can salvage it, or maybe there's something on the shoulders we can't see in this image.  But as it stands, there's not enough happening here for a good look.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived