Winnipeg Jets Unveil New Alternate Uniform

SportsLogos.Net News

37 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I wish this jersey had shoulder logos...but I think it'll look pretty sharp in game action over pads. Kinda reminds me a good OHL/CHL jersey for some reason.

youth%20jersey_1382968110.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Th T reminds me more of the tail of a DC-9 style airplane

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiCH3ukcSW7JWADuDSdcp

That's also a jet, but the hard angle on the tail, the pointed nose, and the bump of the cockpit definitely make me think fighter jet:

Winnipeg-Jets-New-Third-Jersey-Logo-2019

f16.jpg

58 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

That's also a jet, but the hard angle on the tail, the pointed nose, and the bump of the cockpit definitely make me think fighter jet:

Winnipeg-Jets-New-Third-Jersey-Logo-2019

f16.jpg

The RCAF doesn’t operate F-16s, but the more I look at it, the more the “anatomy” of the jet in the logo looks like the Avro Arrow (single tail, looking like a delta shape at s 3/4 angle). In my opinion, that is the only aircraft the Jets should use in their identity. The F/A-18 in their primary logo is going to be old news someday, and it relies heavily on the F/A-18 being the current flagship fighter of the RCAF. The story of the Arrow has much more longevity and meaning to Canada.

avro-arrow-replica.jpg?quality=60&strip=

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I like it a lot, with a mix of getting the point of view that the Jets just keep playcating to the 1.0 nostalgia. But, it’s still a nice jersey. Anxious to see the whole uniform. 

Not sure how I feel about the wordmark being on the helmets of the home and away though. Doesn’t seem to fit as well. I’m glad I’m not the only one seeing the jet in the T.  Thought I was making a stretch to  at make a connection. 

4 minutes ago, B-mer said:

I like it a lot, with a mix of getting the point of view that the Jets just keep playcating to the 1.0 nostalgia. But, it’s still a nice jersey. Anxious to see the whole uniform. 

Not sure how I feel about the wordmark being on the helmets of the home and away though. Doesn’t seem to fit as well. I’m glad I’m not the only one seeing the jet in the T.  Thought I was making a stretch to  at make a connection. 

I think it’s quite obvious. I’m very surprised at how many people haven’t seen it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

7 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

The RCAF doesn’t operate F-16s, but the more I look at it, the more the “anatomy” of the jet in the logo looks like the Avro Arrow (single tail, looking like a delta shape at s 3/4 angle). In my opinion, that is the only aircraft the Jets should use in their identity. The F/A-18 in their primary logo is going to be old news someday, and it relies heavily on the F/A-18 being the current flagship fighter of the RCAF. The story of the Arrow has much more longevity and meaning to Canada.

avro-arrow-replica.jpg?quality=60&strip=

I picked the F-16 over newer planes because of the single tail fin and the stronger silhouette it made, but the Arrow is definitely a stronger reference. Good call.

FWIW, I think these fifty and sixty year old jets still look pretty modern. You could go from the F-16 and F-18 all the way up to the F-35, and I think it all feels fairly consistent.

11 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I think it’s quite obvious. I’m very surprised at how many people haven’t seen it.

in all honesty i didn't really see it until we got that mega closeup of the logo.  when zoomed out it just looks like a stylized shape, more like a wedge.  It's a great subtle reference though.  I'm expecting a more or less standard block font in white outlined in navy.  Would be interesting if they have some other new details in the equipment though.  Maybe a pants shell with some striping in it, gloves with some aviator blue added.  something. 

5 hours ago, Cosmic said:

I picked the F-16 over newer planes because of the single tail fin and the stronger silhouette it made, but the Arrow is definitely a stronger reference. Good call.

FWIW, I think these fifty and sixty year old jets still look pretty modern. You could go from the F-16 and F-18 all the way up to the F-35, and I think it all feels fairly consistent.

It’s not that they look old, it’s that they’re just... there. They’re universal, and many militaries use them. They’re phased in, then they’re phased out, and no one will know the difference or remember them. At that point it just becomes an outdated, rather generic jet on a hockey sweater. The reason I like the Arrow is because it represents a very specific story about Canadian aviation that lives on long after the jet itself.

5 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

The reason I like the Arrow is because it represents a very specific story about Canadian aviation that lives on long after the jet itself.

That's true, but it's not a very positive story.  The Arrow was a political football, cancelled before even entering service, and hobbling the county's aerospace industry in the process, which put tens of thousands of Canadians out of work. 

I could see enshrining a short-lived aircraft like the Bell X-1, a craft that still contributed much to the world.  But the Arrow us a strange choice - it may as well represent lost potential more than anything else.

14 hours ago, the admiral said:

Just more ammunition for people who hate the Jets.

What does Reagan's strategy in Afghanistan have to do with hockey uniforms?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Winnipeg-Jets-New-Third-Jersey-Alternate

Starting with the obvious, the Jets primary logo and the baby blue color is a nod to the RCAF hockey club...

2777848aab60e99697408fb0413cbef5.jpg

The new striping pattern is a nod to the 1990's Jets...

Jets10.png

The new script logo is a nod to their first logo from their WHA days, est. 1972...

5438.gif

Winnipeg Jets Unveil New Alternate Uniform

September 15, 2018 - 01:00 AM

The Winnipeg Jets tonight officially unveiled their new Adidas alternate third uniform at a season ticket holder event at Bell MTS Place. Going with their lighter “aviator blue”, a secondary colour from the team’s home and road set as the […]

Read More...

52 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

"We are true north"  Isn't it a tiny punch into Raptors direction?

I dunno.  They might be "We the North", but the Jets are owned by a company named True North, which is building a big development downtown called "True North Plaza".  And the Jets fans yell "True North" during the national anthem.   I think they've got enough claim to justify the hanger effect.

Archived