Winnipeg Jets Unveil New Alternate Uniform

SportsLogos.Net News

18 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

The new alternate only features the new script. No ''Jet'' anywhere. It's a little empty they coulda added a plane in there somewhere. Or some kind of secondary logo that would be fitting to make it feel more complete.

There is a jet crossing the T.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While simple, this is going to be a jersey that is going to be complimented really well with the dark blue helmets and pants. It has an awesome shade of blue and a really sweet wordmark. 

51 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

There is a jet crossing the T.

With your Adidas ties, do you know what color numbers will be on this uniform -- navy or white?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found this in the reveal video:

MDfBfZu.jpg

I wish they would have kept the numbers from the normal uniforms and gone blue numbers with white outlines to reverse from the stripe and set those apart. But the white block numerals aren't bad.

10 hours ago, Gothamite said:

That's true, but it's not a very positive story.  The Arrow was a political football, cancelled before even entering service, and hobbling the county's aerospace industry in the process, which put tens of thousands of Canadians out of work. 

I could see enshrining a short-lived aircraft like the Bell X-1, a craft that still contributed much to the world.  But the Arrow us a strange choice - it may as well represent lost potential more than anything else.

Very true. I just don’t think the political part of that sticks in people’s heads. People generally romanticize the thought of supersonic flight, walking on the moon, being the tallest, fastest, etc. rather than the wasted taxpayer dollars or other polarizing  circumstances. Even lost potential can be celebrated; it’s just celebrating what could have been instead of what actually was.

I mean, look at Howard Hughes’ Spruce Goose, or the F-22. Both suffered from financial difficulties, but both will be remembered as aviation benchmarks.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

29 minutes ago, GFB said:

While simple, this is going to be a jersey that is going to be complimented really well with the dark blue helmets and pants. It has an awesome shade of blue and a really sweet wordmark. 

With your Adidas ties, do you know what color numbers will be on this uniform -- navy or white?

MDfBfZu.jpg

I wish they would have kept the numbers from the normal uniforms and gone blue numbers with white outlines to reverse from the stripe and set those apart. But the white block numerals aren't bad.

All the credit to the Jets for this one (logo and uniform design). I think it’s the numbers from their retro look.

54 minutes ago, GFB said:

MDfBfZu.jpg

Navy numbers would be far less legible than white numbers, even with the white outline. They made the right choice.

It's simplistic yes but the beautiful script and aviator blue make it a good look in my book. A pinch of red would be gravy on top.

12 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I dunno.  They might be "We the North", but the Jets are owned by a company named True North, which is building a big development downtown called "True North Plaza".  And the Jets fans yell "True North" during the national anthem.   I think they've got enough claim to justify the hanger effect.

I didn't know about that and it makes sense now, but really my first thought was a Raptors, which could be funny, because it will take this whole "Who is more north?" to another level.

Overall I like this uniform, maybe they should kept "Winnipeg" on wordmark like on keychain.

4r2eer.png

Yeah, I don't like Jets appearing without Winnipeg. I know no one's going to see this sweater and think New York, I just think the team should be brimming with small-town pride at all times. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

15 hours ago, GFB said:

MDfBfZu.jpg

I wish they would have kept the numbers from the normal uniforms and gone blue numbers with white outlines to reverse from the stripe and set those apart.

Now that I got a better view of the full picture, I see that just about all the jersey elements are white outlined in navy. White numbers were definitely the right call. Had they gone with navy numbers with white outlines, it would have made the jersey look completely off-balance. So I gotta disagree.

The block numbers fit the retro, simplistic feel of the new jersey.

Beautiful jersey color and wordmark. It is a little bland with basic stripes and nothing on the shoulders, but I like it overall.

If the shoulders were navy we'd basically have the template for what the Devils should have looked like in Adidas. Dark shoulders, simple thin-thick-thin striping on the sleeves and waist.

Does anybody have a good estimate for a near Pantone match for the uniform color? The Jets official "Aviator Blue" Pantone is far darker than what it appears as in textile.

On 9/14/2018 at 1:26 PM, Gothamite said:

That's true, but it's not a very positive story.  The Arrow was a political football, cancelled before even entering service, and hobbling the county's aerospace industry in the process, which put tens of thousands of Canadians out of work. 

I could see enshrining a short-lived aircraft like the Bell X-1, a craft that still contributed much to the world.  But the Arrow us a strange choice - it may as well represent lost potential more than anything else.

The Arrow is a weird one. It's famous, or infamous, for the reasons you mentioned.

And yet the ire most Canadians have regarding the Arrow is directed at the government of then-PM John Diefenbaker rather than the plane itself. General opinion in Canada, at least from those I've spoken to about the matter, is that the Arrow could have been a great showing for Canada in the field of aerospace had Dief not cancelled it.

As a result? The Arrow is something of a folk hero- if a jet could be a folk hero. A great symbol of Canadian ingenuity, cut down by a government that didn't know or care what it had on their hands.

22 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I’m not sure about that.   Seems like it might be details for details’ sake, which is never a good idea.  

What patch were you thinking?

I would just toss the primary logo on the shoulders. Not the most imaginative idea, but it would provide just enough to give the sweater some flair it's currently lacking.

26 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I’m not sure about that.   Seems like it might be details for details’ sake, which is never a good idea.  

What patch were you thinking?

I think the rounded of the main logo could work, or even something new. I’m not advocating for superfluous details but the jersey does just look very bare at the moment

There's no maple leaf.  How is anyone supposed to know they're from Canada?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived