Winnipeg Jets Unveil New Alternate Uniform

SportsLogos.Net News

11 hours ago, pepis21 said:

I didn't know about that and it makes sense now, but really my first thought was a Raptors, which could be funny, because it will take this whole "Who is more north?" to another level.

Overall I like this uniform, maybe they should kept "Winnipeg" on wordmark like on keychain.

Jets fans have yelled "True North" during every home/away game since the first game back. If you ask the average Canadian sports fan outside the GTA I would bet they associate it over the Raptors recent slogan.

The Vegas anthem singer knew about it

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canadians have so much more fun with their anthem than Americans, who are supposed to just stand there silently with hand over heart and cap at side.  We're not at war, it's a lousy battle song, and we don't dress like idiots* and beat slaves like back when it was written. We should either just adopt the Russian anthem (which is bad ass AF), or rewrite it and let a multi-ethnic group handle it, so it doesn't sound like something that old white men assembled.  Maybe have Drake, Snow, and Alanis Morrisette write the new American anthem.

*there's always exceptions...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOp9-hfIEXZ0niOZVEAwd

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I understand the appeal of nostalgia, but that's not a great design.

No, it's not at all. Everyone who wanted the NHL back in Winnipeg (except the 3% or so who wanted the Manitoba Falcons or something dumb) wanted the name back but not necessarily the old designs, which is what we wound up getting. Compare with the Quebec contingent, who overwhelmingly want the Quebec Nordiques to wake up from a bad dream and pick up right where they left off.

This third shows that midnight blue is a lousy base color for the Jets and the medium blue is much more interesting. It'd be better with silver and red highlights and a script that had Winnipeg in it somewhere.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

39 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Leaving Winnipeg off the chest is strange, because a crest is one of the best places to have fussy little details like that.

The weirdest part is, a version of the wordmark with Winnipeg does exist. Seems like a odd choice to leave it off, but I guess the aim was to keep the overall design simple.

Having said that, this jersey has grown on me. I kind of want one.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

21 minutes ago, wildwing64 said:

The weirdest part is, a version of the wordmark with Winnipeg does exist. Seems like a odd choice to leave it off, but I guess the aim was to keep the overall design simple.

Having said that, this jersey has grown on me. I kind of want one.

And it was on the keychain IIRC. That’s what makes it a real head-scratcher, instead of just another one of our fan concept tweaks.

Archived