OTTAWA REDBLACKS

Home

Vr2plCo.jpg

R0NGmWT.jpg

Away

FDJWbD6.jpg

Alternate

dhP5zSj.jpg

I toyed with the idea of a small number on the front of the alternate uniform with the buzzsaw prominent but I didn't like it. Instead I went with sublimation under the numbers as a shout out to the original alternate. The white socks with the white jerseys is deliberate as they're a newer team that can make their own rules regarding what kind of sock they'll wear with each uniform. The intent is that they only wear black pants when wearing the away uniform because it looks significantly better than B/W/W. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, you found a nice balance of modern and the inclusion of the plaid pattern (which I wish the REDBLACKS would actually use more) great job. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

1 hour ago, mr.negative15 said:

Wow, you found a nice balance of modern and the inclusion of the plaid pattern (which I wish the REDBLACKS would actually use more) great job. 

Thanks! I wanted to avoid a straight up lumber jack jersey and I based the sleeves off Nike and adidas' World Cup ideas with shirt patterns. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

CALGARY STAMPEDERS

Home

MMIJt1Z.jpg

Away

fuMoi44.jpg

Alternate

Fuzmiac.jpg

For Calgary I went to their 1980 uniform set for inspiration. I liked the simple look that reminded me somewhat of Ohio State and the original Minnesota Vikings away jerseys. I think red and grey are a pretty good mix and that's what I went with here. For the alternate I went with the horseshoe alternate logo to change things up a bit. It was a shame they replaced it with the six shooters and then never brought it back when they got rid of them. I was tempted to go with the Flutie look initially, but I decided against it.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Red and silver is a great look for the stamps... u don’t see it much as they were not very successful during that era but that home and road is perfect.. traditional and fluid

For the alt I’d honestly go with the Garcia era style alts... red numbers on the black jerseys... 

Also, always wanted to see em do the cross guns on the helmets ..... 

oh :censored: yeah! 

I went to the Ti-cats v Stamps game this past weekend and even made a comment to my uncle how much better the Stamps would look in something like what you've done.

Great work.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

38 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

oh :censored: yeah! 

I went to the Ti-cats v Stamps game this past weekend and even made a comment to my uncle how much better the Stamps would look in something like what you've done.

Great work.

Thanks! Calgary has enough solid logos that it makes it possible to roll out two alternates if I wanted to. I decided against that for now.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Thanks! Calgary has enough solid logos that it makes it possible to roll out two alternates if I wanted to. I decided against that for now.

Agreed, and the alternate is the only place black (outside of a accent colour) should be used.....of course I don't need to tell you that as that's exactly what you've done. ?

SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS

Home

AE16Bww.jpg

Away

rpefmxy.jpg

Alternate

5HIrZoi.jpg

Someone had to be a guinea pig and that team is Saskatchewan. I went with a design that Under Armour is using for Temple and went with the wheat stalks instead of diamonds. For the alternate I went with a 1940's fauxback that was based more on their traditional UCLA stripes and a version of striping used by the Philadelphia Eagles.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

EDMONTON ESKIMOS

Home

0AUMEks.jpg

Away

w99f3PU.jpg

Alternate

uBSTH5J.jpg

For Edmonton I wanted to go with a look that was somewhere between the current primary sets and the previous Reebok set. For the alternate I took this year's stripe pattern and went with a blow up helmet logo rather than the monogram EE by itself. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 9/18/2018 at 9:56 AM, MJWalker45 said:

BRITISH COLUMBIA LIONS

Home

cT6ORFr.jpg

Away

GH8plfk.jpg

Alternate

6ytT438.jpg

For BC, their best looks are more subdued so that's what I went with. I added sleeve striping on the home and away uniforms to give them a little extra but not too much more than that. For the alternate I based it off a local team from back home, the Shadyside Tigers in Ohio. Though I could have used the paw logo I decided not to just so that each part of the three uniforms could be used together. 

I'm starting to like the current helmet logo over the past BC/lion head.....

7 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

EDMONTON ESKIMOS

Home

0AUMEks.jpg

Away

w99f3PU.jpg

Alternate

uBSTH5J.jpg

For Edmonton I wanted to go with a look that was somewhere between the current primary sets and the previous Reebok set. For the alternate I took this year's stripe pattern and went with a blow up helmet logo rather than the monogram EE by itself. 

I can tell u right now... as an eskimo fan, I absolutely love, LOVE the return of the white face mask! Beautiful!!! 

The home is absolutely perfect I’m a fan of removing the drop shadow on the numbers. The return to the classic sleeve stripe, awesome ..,except for 1 element, we have to have yellow numbers on the home, it’s what makes us US... 

big fan of the alt, I think it’s the lid that seals it but honestly I would have no issues with the alt jersey as the home either it’s  that good.. 

The road u nailed this..... flawless best eskimos road uni I’ve seen I’d buy this today..

I would like a pair of green pants in there  to but I’m more than happy with the concept 

imho Edmonton is 1 ( with the number colour switch on the home )

ottawa is 2

sask is 3 ( I love the wheat aspects used ) 

6 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

I'm starting to like the current helmet logo over the past BC/lion head.....

I actually like it better too, but because it's not the primary logo per BC themselves I didn't use them. It might beva good idea to look back at it later.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The wheat on Saskatchewan is a little overdone. That might be okay on an alternate but they deserve a classic look.

Edmonton is looking fine except I don’t know why you lightened the green so much, and as mentioned by a previous poster, the numbers should be yellow. It’s what makes the eskimos different than the packers.

2 hours ago, appleclock said:

The wheat on Saskatchewan is a little overdone. That might be okay on an alternate but they deserve a classic look.

Edmonton is looking fine except I don’t know why you lightened the green so much, and as mentioned by a previous poster, the numbers should be yellow. It’s what makes the eskimos different than the packers.

I went with the wheat because they are the one team that can't decide if they want to be modern or traditional. Agreed on the yellow numbers for Edmonton.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS

Home

aYUfc9K.jpg

Away

ED2qsu6.jpg

Alternate

MDBVRP7.jpg

For Winnipeg, I actually liked their current look at home but I'm not a fan of the yoke on the aways. I did like the opposite color sleeve caps of the 1990's so I went with that in place if the yoke. For the alternate I went with a throwback from the 1960's. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Those white Winnipeg jerseys look so much better without that ridiculous yoke. Only complaint is using a blue W in place of a white W on the helmets. I think it looks better color wise, but the white one is just tradition.  Overall I’d say Winnipeg is my favorite concept. Nice job on this series!

9ssI6pq.jpg

Toronto Fauxback

I went over the alternates for Toronto and change a few things up. The helmet has the  football boat logo that was worn in the late 70's and early 80's. The numbers are made to look like something that was worn by them in the late 30's to mid 1950's. Pant and socks stripes were changed as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived