letsgomets1212

Uber has a new logo

Didn't they just change their logo a year or two ago? Thought this was an old topic that got bumped. If nothing else, the new new one is successful at communicating that the company wants to look like your friendly jovial driver pal, not a cold and tough surveillance company.

Well it looks like every other logo.

I think they chose the 'capital lowercase U because the tail/line on the right of the U matches up the one on the left of the lowercase B to form double lines that you;d see on a road. (Someone works in marketing!)

Are they still using this icon? 

pennsylvania-sues-uber-over-late-breach-

Because I've hated that since day one. It's supposed to be an abstract bit or an atom or some :censored: like that, but what it looks like is a backwards C, and I know they didn't want to just use a U, but this icon is 90 degrees away from being a U. If you're going to do abstract you have to go so far that the icon doesn't accidentally resemble something else because that's all people will see and it won't be effective. 

31 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Are they still using this icon? 

pennsylvania-sues-uber-over-late-breach-

Because I've hated that since day one. It's supposed to be an abstract bit or an atom or some :censored: like that, but what it looks like is a backwards C, and I know they didn't want to just use a U, but this icon is 90 degrees away from being a U. If you're going to do abstract you have to go so far that the icon doesn't accidentally resemble something else because that's all people will see and it won't be effective. 

Looks like that logo is gone. Just using the "Uber" alone now.

uber_2018_app_icon_before_after.png

https://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/new_logo_and_identity_for_uber_by_wolff_olins_and_in_house.php

Everything about it seems plain and boring. Lyft's logo isn't great by any means, but at least it has some personality.

I like minimalist logos, but things have gone too far. At least have some type of graphic representation.

I'm looking forward to the day when we look back and say "remember when everyone just used a black rectangle with their name in a sans serif font? That was dumb."

It's a complete contrast from Lyft which is good, but everything about this is bland. The last wordmark had some sort of sophistication to it which was a contrast to the Lyft fun personality. Downgrade. 

“Nooo, we don’t embody all the worst traits of the new economy... look at the friendly lower-case letters in our logo!”

cheeks.jpg.520a4859dc103f2c3e96cf3be85ae5f2.jpg

the amount of mileage I've gotten from this single reaction image is insane

Lyft is better...