Alliance of American Football - Team Names and Logos

WideRight

13 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Today I received the official logo sheets for the AAF teams. As I'm an employee for the AAF, I'm not allowed to share them. However, I can share this bit of information. The primary shades of red for both San Antonio and Memphis are exactly the same. Pantone 186 is used for both teams. I don't understand why exactly, but its an oddity that I felt was worth sharing. 

Not surprising - that happens when you have a single uniform supplier. You expect a certain amount of standardization. The Packers and Jets use the exact shade of dark green, after all, and every single baseball club with a red cap uses the exact same shade of red, from the Major Leagues all the way down to short-season Single-A. 

I’d expect every red in the AAF to be the same, be it 186 or something else.  It would be more surprising if that was the only one; are there no other shared colors?

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I’d expect every red in the AAF to be the same, be it 186 or something else.  It would be more surprising if that was the only one; are there no other shared colors?

Nope, even the shades of grey for San Diego and Birmingham are different. It's just the red for San Antonio and Memphis.

16 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Today I received the official logo sheets for the AAF teams. As I'm an employee for the AAF, I'm not allowed to share them. However, I can share this bit of information. The primary shades of red for both San Antonio and Memphis are exactly the same. Pantone 186 is used for both teams. I don't understand why exactly, but its an oddity that I felt was worth sharing. 

Target sponsorship confirmed.

On 12/12/2018 at 8:29 AM, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Nope, even the shades of grey for San Diego and Birmingham are different. It's just the red for San Antonio and Memphis.

On 12/12/2018 at 8:29 AM, CrimsonBull9584 said:

It's actually pretty impressive to have so little overlap. 

6 hours ago, walkerws said:

So one team in this league will undoubtedly have two jerseys I would assume. Even with different pant colors, the helmets and tops are generally what a QB will see when passing. 

I'd expect Salt Lake or Orlando would need a second jersey too.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 hours ago, walkerws said:

So one team in this league will undoubtedly have two jerseys I would assume. Even with different pant colors, the helmets and tops are generally what a QB will see when passing. 

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd expect Salt Lake or Orlando would need a second jersey too.

The league already announced that for the 1st season, they won't have more than one jersey per team. They said there is enough contrast that it's not needed for now. So yeah, Orlando and Salt Lake will not get a 2nd or alternate jersey for 2019 at least. 

3 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

The league already announced that for the 1st season, they won't have more than one jersey per team. They said there is enough contrast that it's not needed for now. So yeah, Orlando and Salt Lake will not get a 2nd or alternate jersey for 2019 at least. 

I hope it's not snowing when those two play.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

They are closed to the public. 

That's so dumb. This would be the perfect weekend to give the league a little preview exposure since football starved people might rather tune into AAF preseason games instead of the garbage the NFL is trying to shove down our throats in Orlando.

ClAFLDa.png

8 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

That's so dumb. This would be the perfect weekend to give the league a little preview exposure since football starved people might rather tune into AAF preseason games instead of the garbage the NFL is trying to shove down our throats in Orlando.

It's going to be more about logistics for the AAF so that we don't have a poor product the first week. Going to work out all the bugs before people see us.

9 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

They are closed to the public. 

The Commanders had an open house at the Alamodome last week and a couple teams have started posting where they are practicing. If you're from the area it's pretty easy to pick out where they practice just by what they're posting to Instagram. They've also had all of the teams rotate throughout San Antonio instead of assigning each team to one stadium or training area. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

16 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The Commanders had an open house at the Alamodome last week and a couple teams have started posting where they are practicing. If you're from the area it's pretty easy to pick out where they practice just by what they're posting to Instagram. They've also had all of the teams rotate throughout San Antonio instead of assigning each team to one stadium or training area. 

This is true. However, during the pre season games, no one other than AAF personnel will be allowed into the Alamodome.

1 hour ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

McMahon would never do that. Besides, it's looking more and more like the NFL is in the AAFs corner. I can't see the XFL doing sticking around

Yeah one of the Fleet podcasts I was listening too was hinting that the NFL might actually be investors in AAF. And with how they've been sending personnel to the mothership, the NFL Network deal coming up, it doesn't seem terribly far fetched.

Though I don't know if that necessarily dooms the XFL. This iteration of that league has a lot more cash to burn through compared to XFL 1.0. And hasn't made quite as many blunders. The good news for both leagues is they don't appear to be set up in a way that they'll canibalize from each other nearly as much as they could have since they don't overlap in location, starting year, etc...

Archived