Alliance of American Football - Team Names and Logos

WideRight

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of these are not bad, but there are lots of missed opportunities. The Hotshots should have gone to green helmets instead of gold ones, the "ATL" on the jersey should have been located on the pants instead, and the Apollos' numbers should have gone to a full-shadow effect. What's not good to me are the "logo on one side, number on the other" teams. I'm fine with teams having differently-colored sleeves, and I'm also fine with the Iron going with a blank helmet (much better if the helmet color is iron). I'm gonna have to wait for the real-life versions, as well as the teams' road (and possibly alternate) uniforms before rendering my full judgment.

Nobody’s perfect, but they’re all pretty solid. The only team I don’t like is Birmingham; their logo looked like clip art, and now their uniforms are a blank template. I think the league did a pretty good job of getting some unique color schemes out there. My team is shaping up to be Arizona, because they give me a Barcelona Dragons* vibe.

*Just based on fuzzy memories, not necessarily based on anything they actually wore.

Haven't had time to study each one in depth, but first thoughts are that this is so much better than what I anticipated.  There seem to be some very solid looks, and the uniforms seem too good for what this league is.

No time for an in-depth review, but the only glaring issue I have is the helmets that have numbers on one side and logo on the other.  Just do one or the other.

These looks, while certainly not "traditional", still seem "professional", which I never expected from this league.  So far, so good.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, larrypep said:

So which San Diego  helmet is the right one?  The one with chevrons down the middle or the one with stripes around the base of the helmet?  I like the chevrons. 

Chevrons based on what was shown at the draft party tonight by the team.

DtCDWfaU4AAmlEE.jpg

I might have said before yesterday that there was no such thing as a good gradient helmet, but this is the exception that proves the rule. If the colors were flipped, it would turn into a total fail. This is just right.

7 hours ago, Raptorman415 said:

Were away uniforms confirmed? Will Orlando have a color jersey? My favorite look belongs to Memphis. Might have to buy that jersey to be honest.

We carefully selected, and deliberately applied color so that each team will only require one uniform. There will not be home/away jerseys or alternates.

27 minutes ago, Joe said:

We carefully selected, and deliberately applied color so that each team will only require one uniform. There will not be home/away jerseys or alternates.

Will home/road jerseys be part of scaling up if/when expansion teams are added, will future teams have to work within the existing color framework, or is that still up in the air?

On 11/27/2018 at 4:41 PM, kimball said:

The Stallions look is a BIG miss for me. It's really devoid of any character. 

I mean, no one really deluded themselves into thinking that Salt Lake would come up with a bold identity right?

"There are several blue teams in the area"--Put them in two blues!

"There are lots of Broncos fans in the area"-- Call them the Stallions!

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Archived