Alliance of American Football - Team Names and Logos

WideRight

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Brian in Boston said:

Two more AAF team logos have been teased via Twitter.

gY8fRJGm.jpg

UczrwcSm.jpg

I actually really like both of these combos.  I'm hoping the Anthracite/Yellow is Orlando.  (Just because I may move there soon.)

22 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

So, we now have teaser images for the team logos of all eight of the AAF's inaugural season franchises.

ZPYouvBt.jpg      lcW0AZyt.jpg      NXqw5itt.jpg      606vPrwt.jpg

jProN0vt.jpg      UczrwcSt.jpg      gY8fRJGt.jpg      xWapxfot.jpg

• Really liking that green, yellow, & orange scheme. Have a feeling that may be Orlando (citrus-y colors)
  • Also liking that dark gray/yellow combo.  I saw a backpack in college with those colors, thought, "what a cool combo" and promptly designed a logo with those colors for a team called the Utah Owls.

It is what it is.

2 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

So, we now have teaser images for the team logos of all eight of the AAF's inaugural season franchises.

Here are my guesses:

Red/Blue: Orlando

Blue/Blue: San Diego

Black/Grey: Memphis

Maroon/Grey: Arizona

Purple/Gold: Atlanta

Green/Yellow/Orange: Birmingham

Blue(grey?)/yellow: Salt Lake City

Blue/Orange: San Antonio

There is a good color balance for an 8-team league, which is always nice. Hopefully we get some unique (not Arena League-esque but maybe not used by other professional franchises). I'll take some guesses as far as locations go:

Red/Navy - Phoenix (shot in the dark here, no idea for a team name)

Double Blue - Memphis (maybe Memphis Blues? My best guess)

Black/Silver - San Antonio (got here from process-of-elimination. Could be anything as far as the name goes, maybe something oil related like Roughnecks or Drillers. Could also be something wild-west themed as in Renegades, Outlaws, or Bandits)

Maroon/Silver - Birmingham (only because it's similar to Crimson Tide colors, no idea for a team name). 

Purple/Gold - Atlanta (if so, name will most likely to honor Martin Luther King, Jr. Most likely this means Atlanta Kings, but they could be more subtle and go Royals. I wouldn't be opposed to Monarchs either since no Big 4 teams use Monarchs.)

Green/Yellow/Orange - Orlando (as @B-Rich said it feels like tropical, citrus colors. Could be something along this line, I also could see the potential outline of a snake perhaps. This one could be anything). 

Slate/Yellow - Salt Lake City (pretty sure its a Hive/Swarm/Stingers type sort of name, guessing there's a blue H inside the yellow hex)

Blue/Orange - San Diego (not sure about the team name but the logo appears to be football-shaped)

I remember in the UFL's second season, they talked about how the Las Vegas Locos were changing their colors to red and silver as to "better fit" their environment, ie. Sam Boyd Stadium's red scheme because of UNLV. I wonder if a similar thing may be going on here. That's why I guessed that the maroon color for Arizona (Sun Devil Stadium/ASU), green for Birmingham (Legion Field/UAB), and blue and orange for San Antonio (UTSA). Obviously, it wouldn't be for all the teams, but I'd imagine some teams have that idea.

Also, according to a Reddit post, the Atlanta team will have a lion theme. So guessing Kings, Royals, Monarchs, etc. would seem to be the current assumption at this time. But I'm going to bet on something like Atlanta Pride or something with a lion wearing a crown. 

And that Reddit post comes from a guy who signed on with the team as a player. 

5 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

OK...now that we've got all the pieces:

1. Atlanta [Alternatively: Phoenix]

2. Memphis [Alternatively: San Diego]

3. San Antonio

4. Birmingham

5. San Diego [Alternatively: Orlando]

6. Phoenix [Alternatively: Utah]

7. Utah [Alternatively: Atlanta]

8. Orlando [Alternatively: Memphis]

13 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

Bottom right looks like it could be a scorpion.  San Antonio?  Phoenix?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

22 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

Any guessing based on colors seems pointless.  Based on shapes I think we have...

Red & Navy = either a star, a bird or some combo 

Blue & Sky= a fin or wave

Black & Grey = something related to armor or steel

Maroon & Grey = either a sword or a wing (insect)

Purple & gold = a crown

Green & Yellow = an animal head/shoulders, possibly a lion.

Charcoal & Yellow = either a shield or a hive/bee theme.

Navy & orange = a scorpion or the brim of a cowboy hat. 

A lot depends on scale.  Is this 1/4 of the image or a tiny corner of a much larger image.   I guess we will have to wait and see.  Birmingham seems to be indicating that their name will be released tomorrow (or do they mean next Thursday, hard to tell) but will this be a drip, drip each day or will all 8 be revealed?

6 hours ago, WideRight said:

Any guessing based on colors seems pointless.  Based on shapes I think we have...

Red & Navy = either a star, a bird or some combo 

Blue & Sky= a fin or wave

Black & Grey = something related to armor or steel

Maroon & Grey = either a sword or a wing (insect)

Purple & gold = a crown

Green & Yellow = an animal head/shoulders, possibly a lion.

Charcoal & Yellow = either a shield or a hive/bee theme.

Navy & orange = a scorpion or the brim of a cowboy hat. 

A lot depends on scale.  Is this 1/4 of the image or a tiny corner of a much larger image.   I guess we will have to wait and see.  Birmingham seems to be indicating that their name will be released tomorrow (or do they mean next Thursday, hard to tell) but will this be a drip, drip each day or will all 8 be revealed?

This evening, the Memphis Commercial Appeal published a story saying that tomorrow, Thursday, September 20, is their release date.

Archived