Alliance of American Football - Team Names and Logos

WideRight

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

There are behind the brand videos on the AAF YouTube channel. Somewhat interesting. I hadn't realized that the top half of the AAF logo makes an A with the football stripe, but the video pointed that out and now I can't unsee it8gXbdNR.png

I'm still just trying to figure out what the V stands for at the bottom.

Okay, lets get this started:

Overall: happy with the amount of chrome since i HATE IT. and the teams def have the semi-pro feel

Atlanta: i thought i would love the color scheme and logos, but the helmet ruins it all, a la my jaguars two toned nightmare. They really missed out on what could be good.

San Antonio: Beautiful, although i'd love to see a version with maroon pants, i think it'll look way better. and the alamo part of the helmet can be a bit higher.

Birmingham: Only not a fan of the helmet stripe. I wish they did something like the browns have for a stripe. Bold but very clean. I like the matte helmet, this is in the top half of the looks in the league, no doubt.

Arizona: I really like it somehow. THey seemed gimmicky but it works great here. I love it. I wished the helmet orange matched the jersey, but its minimal so i can't complain TOO much

Memphis: nailed it. it could be better with a better side stripe, but hey, i like it so far, the helmet looks wonderful though

Salt Lake: I was under the impression the light blue would be more along the lines of the lions blue, and i think that'd make it look way better. It's alright, its not a terrible thing, and the blue facemask is AWESOME

Orlando: meh. just looks like a normal semi-pro team, i dont love it, and i wish the facemask orange was right. If only they could have colors on their uniform that isn't white...

San Diego: see atlanta above. just a bad helmet jersey matching, they could've done a world better, and they could wear better pants, either the dark gray or yellow. 

Just my 2 cents, feel free to comment on any or all of that

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

On 1/31/2019 at 3:02 PM, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Not uniform related but NFL Network and Turner picked up broadcasting rights. Looks like the AAF isn't going to have a problem pushing the product. https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Morning-Buzz/2019/01/31/AAF.aspx

Unless, as we’ve talked about on the other thread, the AAF is paying for that exposure. Which they very well might be.  Then they won’t have a problem so long as they can pay the bill. 

On 2/3/2019 at 3:44 PM, flyersfan said:

San Antonio: Beautiful, although i'd love to see a version with maroon pants, i think it'll look way better. and the alamo part of the helmet can be a bit higher.

Only if they have away jerseys. All red looks horrible. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• There's something very "Montreal Machine, WLAF" about San Antonio's uniforms.
  • San Diego's mismatch of yellows on the helmet and uniforms disturbs my eyes.
  • Memphis' set is gorgeous.
  • Birmingham looks like a poorly-funded high school team.
  • Salt Lake's uniforms have a great concept that just doesn't/didn't translate well onto their uniforms.
  • Atlanta's dull helmets clash more than I thought they would with the intense purple on their jerseys (could be the lighting, though).

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Archived