Alliance of American Football - Team Names and Logos

WideRight

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Why are there white endzone corners when the field border is also white? I think their rules are only one foot needed for a catch, but still no need for a potential issue regarding the boundaries. 

Its hard to tell from this photo but this might use a filter of some kind so it might not be true white in those corners.

On 1/30/2019 at 9:22 PM, raysox said:

Check the number detail

0-C395-A09-28-E4-41-A1-B591-882-DB244660

Whoa--just noticed the "AZ" hidden in that helmet stripe. Creative stroke of genius right there.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Driving by Alamodome this week helps me understand the Commander color choice. With the new facelift the outside of the stadium has crimson trim that matches the team colors almost exactly. I'm glad they didn't just gobred, white and blue but using the stadium's exterior colors to enhance their external branding was a good call. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Why are there white endzone corners when the field border is also white? I think their rules are only one foot needed for a catch, but still no need for a potential issue regarding the boundaries. 

Based on the colors, I'm thinking that picture has been heavily altered. The green pops way too much for what looks like a dreary cloudy day. I'm guessing they upped the saturation and contrast. When you really get in, you can tell that's actually a lighter gray and a darker gray in the endzone. The field in person and on TV is probably going to be much more obvious where the sidelines are. 

Wanted to see the progress of the other hosting team's stadiums

San Antonio will have their crest at the 50, but not sure if the endzone is painted red or left green. Looks like the word mark is down though.

Dy07iX3VAAAak1q.jpg

This was posted a few days ago from a Sun Devils coach, and that's the most recent I could find. However, they might have done stuff since then.

Dy2ALWfUwAEMtl2.jpg

San Antonio will probably only use the wordmarks instead of painting in the end zones since that's the field used for UTSA games. It's also possible they haven't cleaned ALLIANCE off yet in that picture.

UPDATE: San Antonio going with fully painted end zones. The cream slash at each end of the end zones,  similar to Birmingham.  The design they placed behind the initial logos seems to be how they are doing end zones.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

AAF Kicks Off! The Logos & Uniforms of the New Alliance of American Football

February 9, 2019 - 19:22 PM

The Alliance of American Football is ready to take the field for the first time this weekend, all eight of the league’s charter teams will be in action with two of the four games on Saturday and the other two […]

Read More...

Archived