Alliance of American Football - Team Names and Logos

WideRight

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just the fact they got the games on the field in this era is a feat.  So many leagues have tried but just couldn't make it happen.  This league seems to have some good partners: CBS, NFL Network, etc.  And having most games shown online or the app is a smart cost savings.  It would be nice to have a long lasting spring league. 

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

5 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Looks like teams do, in fact, have colored and white uniforms. Maybe Orlando is just trying to be like Dallas and wear white a majority of the time.

Grest news. Hard to taken serious if every game is in same uni, like pop warner. We will probably see lots of color on color, with maybe "clash kit" style alts. Look for NFL investment and expansion next year if 2019 goes well. Could bury the XFL before they get off the ground. 

30 minutes ago, McCall said:

Except San Antonio vs San Diego was color on color. Unless they feel Memphis's blue is too close to Birmingham's black. In that case, we could expect an unseen jersey when Orlando and Salt Lake meet up. Though Salt Lake should've gone with a light blue jersey anyway.

"Clash kit " philosopy maybe, focusing on primary jersey for marketing purposes in 2019. 

Each team having colored shoulder/sleeve elements makes it all seem super generic and cheap. I want to like the logos and jerseys. But there is too much similarity.  Dare I say too much going on with the shoulders? Reminds me of AYSO growing up where all jerseys were the same template, just different colors. It makes me appreciate college Athletics even more. 

15 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

What’s up with people hating on attempts to have another pro football league in the US? 

It’s bizarre people are happy with a billionaire-run cartel that holds cities hostage for taxpayer handouts and is so profit-centered you have to pay $100 for a replica jersey.

Oh i’m not against it one bit, but history has a tendency of repeating itself. Also I kinda like their digs and lids. Again I’d love for it to be successful but let’s be real.

9 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

These Memphis white jerseys don’t look like designed alts, but more like “Shoot, we’re going to need clash jerseys to be ready in one day.” 

That's what I thought as well, but I think it actually makes these the best uniforms of the weekend. The helmet and pants have enough going on and the simple jersey really balances it all out.

spacer.png

Perhaps they're angling to be a modern-day Cleveland or Ohio State. Which I have no problem with.

Something about this simple black and white just works for Birmingham, and Memphis even with the white jerseys still has my favorite identity in the Alliance.

I planned to be in Birmingham earlier today...wish I could've been there to see this in person. (The crowd at Legion Field sounds like they are into this!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

How many more clash jersey games might we see from the AAF this year?

Salt Lake or Orlando will probably get one in 2 weeks when they play. San Diego vs Birmingham could get one as well. Memphis will probably wear the white jerseys vs San Antonio.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

31 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

I'm struggling to understand why this black team doesn't have any logos on its helmet or uniform. 

Iron is tough and plain. The stripe is iron. Lol. I tried. A large B would have been nice. Or just jersey numbers on the helmet in an ode to the crimson tide. 

2 minutes ago, crosfam said:

Iron is tough and plain. The stripe is iron. Lol. I tried. A large B would have been nice. Or just jersey numbers on the helmet in an ode to the crimson tide. 

The Auburn fans wouldn’t love that. 

I’d bet the AAF intentionally avoided crimson, navy blue and orange to sidestep the Bama-Auburn rivalry. 

8 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

The Auburn fans wouldn’t love that. 

I’d bet the AAF intentionally avoided crimson, navy blue and orange to sidestep the Bama-Auburn rivalry. 

Then they do a silver war eagle alternate logo for ballcaps. Everybody is happy!

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Salt Lake or Orlando will probably get one in 2 weeks when they play. San Diego vs Birmingham could get one as well. Memphis will probably wear the white jerseys vs San Antonio.

Hmm. Seems like any matchup involving a combination of Atlanta (purple), Memphis (navy blue), Birmingham (black) and/or San Diego (dark gray) may require a clash jersey. As well as SL vs ORL (silver vs white).

The only teams that may not need a clash jersey at all  are Arizona and San Antonio. Yellow and red have sufficient contrast from the other colors in the league.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived