Alliance of American Football - Team Names and Logos

WideRight

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a whole, I really think the visual identities in this league are strong - much stronger than I expected. I don't even mind the single jersey, as long as they contrast properly. I'm looking forward to seeing how this new league develops. 

3 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

Wait a tick. So Memphis has two jerseys?

Rrunning theory is that these teams have basic clash jerseys that they can break out if necessary. The memphis whites were basic (but clean) and the leage has been pushing just one for each team.  Only time will tell.  

23 minutes ago, bowld said:

I love Arizonas logos but the uniforms are gross. Too much going on

Colors and logo perfectly aligned with the nickname, but maybe could have gone with forest green tops and yellow numbers, yellow and orange trim.  Other note, I hope that the team has some sort of relationship with the Granite Mountain Hotshot families and wildland firefighters in general. 

5 minutes ago, raysox said:

Just realized none of these uniforms have sleeve striping. How about that.

Yeah, I noticed the Starter logo being the only thing on the sleeves. With that much empty space, I'd prefer sponsor logos to be placed on the sleeves under the Starter logo instead of on the chest like the Hotshots' jerseys.

SN: I don't know why, but want Arizona's numbers to have an orange outline.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Took a look at the remaining AAF schedule and these will likely be the games we'll see clash jerseys again.

Week 2
Atlanta @ San Diego

Week 3
Birmingham @ Atlanta

Week 4
Orlando @ Salt Lake
San Diego @ Memphis

Week 5
Memphis @ Atlanta

Week 6
Birmingham @ San Diego

Week 7
Birmingham @ Memphis

Week 8
Atlanta @ Birmingham

Week 10
Atlanta @ Memphis

Going by today, the only that can be assumed is that most of the clash jerseys will be white. The exception being Orlando in week 4 at Salt Lake (who wears silver jerseys). If I had to guess, I think their clash jersey may end up being orange, mainly due to Memphis already having a navy blue primary jersey.

I am relieved to see that none of the teams have crazy number fonts. The worst one is worn by the worst-dressed team, Birmingham.

Birmingham look pretty bad in the mono-black; someone already made the comparison to the team in that Pacino movie. The look would be improved so much if the pants were white or grey. Having a blank helmet could be alright with a more traditional uniform; but there is no good reason for that team not to use the decent B logo on the helmet.

Apart from Birmingham, the standard of uniforms is very high. I was initially very impressed with Atlanta's purple uniforms, and I still think that they have the best logo. But Salt Lake, in their white and light blue, might actually be the best-looking team in the league.

Arizona aren't far behind. They use non-traditional colours in a very artistic way, presenting a look that makes one think of a South African national team. Though having the number instead of the logo on one side of the helmet is a feature that I could do without.

Overall, this is a highly watchable set of uniforms. I just hope that we're not subjected to too many colour-vs.-colour match-ups.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

5 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I am relieved to see that none of the teams have crazy number fonts. The worst one is worn by the worst-dressed team, Birmingham.

Birmingham look pretty bad in the mono-black; someone already made the comparison to the team in that Pacino movie. The look would be improved so much if the pants were white or grey. Having a blank helmet could be alright with a more traditional uniform; but there is no good reason for that team not to use the decent B logo on the helmet.

Apart from Birmingham, the standard of uniforms is very high. I was initially very impressed with Atlanta's purple uniforms, and I still think that they have the best logo. But Salt Lake, in their white and light blue, might actually be the best-looking team in the league.

Arizona aren't far behind. They use non-traditional colours in a very artistic way, presenting a look that makes one think of a South African national team. Though having the number instead of the logo on one side of the helmet is a feature that I could do without.

Overall, this is a highly watchable set of uniforms. I just hope that we're not subjected to too many colour-vs.-colour match-ups.

Salt Lake's jerseys are silver/light gray

10 hours ago, crosfam said:

Colors and logo perfectly aligned with the nickname, but maybe could have gone with forest green tops and yellow numbers, yellow and orange trim.  Other note, I hope that the team has some sort of relationship with the Granite Mountain Hotshot families and wildland firefighters in general. 

Jerseys are colored to replicate the firefighters' uniforms they're named for.

10 hours ago, crosfam said:

Rrunning theory is that these teams have basic clash jerseys that they can break out if necessary.

with only eight team, all centrally owned, I’m not sure clash jerseys should ever be necessary.  They should be able to create eight sufficiently-distinguishable uniforms.

I take it that Arizona and San Diego don't play each other this season? 

If so, that'll prevent a serious eyesore...and I say this as one whose favorite color is yellow.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

7 minutes ago, Buc said:

I take it that Arizona and San Diego don't play each other this season? 

If so, that'll prevent a serious eyesore...and I say this as one whose favorite color is yellow.

Every team plays each other. And with both being in the West, they'll play twice, home and home.

Archived