Alliance of American Football - Team Names and Logos

WideRight

For those who like fields...

This is what the San Diego Fleet field will look like this weekend. I particularly like that the endzone is different from the fairly uniform week one endzones.

32134890827_faac0e1fe0_z.jpg

32134890837_1f585bae8f_z.jpg

32134890817_5d490bc651_z.jpg

Won't stay pretty long though. Showers in the forecast for Sunday night in San Diego (crowd will probably be impacted as well). Only downside of real grass. 

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/11/2019 at 11:40 PM, edge1 said:

OK - so it took me a while to dig into the website to find all of these, but I think I finally got 8 CLEAN AAF team logo .PNG graphics for the community.  I honestly didn't see these posted on the site in a consistent size, so I offer them up here.  (Note to CCSLC mods - I originally posted the https locations...I think the behind the scenes code auto-converted them to images.)

HotShots.png
legends.png
Iron.png
Express.png
Apollos.png
Stallions.png
Commanders.png
Fleet.png

AAF-icon-2.png

in case anyone wanted to download them for yourself.....  they seemed to be at https // shop . aaf . com / wp-content / uploads / 2019 / 01 / <teamname> .png   (no spaces)

& / 2018 / 09 / AAF-icon-2 . png

The league's media site has all these in .ai and .eps format if you need better (and the secondary logos and wordmarks as well):

https://aaf.com/media/

41 minutes ago, raysox said:

Full view of the Fleet's field

Memphis is starting preparations for this week

But it'll be hard to paint over this, which aerial photos from the Memphis Tigers 3 days ago show the whole thing still painted.

And let's check in with Salt Lake

The Liberty Bowl's end zones are scrubbed and repainted for the Liberty Bowl game itself, so it isn't hard, just labor intensive.

Pic before the 2017Liberty Bowl (Iowa State vs. Memphis)

ToGf989.jpg

In Salt Lake City, Rice-Eccles has endzones made from red turf and white.

From their 2015 installation:

NUf2khZ.jpg

Yeah I went to the Liberty Bowl Game (Mizzou vs Ok. State) and it was not set-up with Memphis designs, but rather the competing teams wordmarks in the endzones and the Liberty Bowl logo at midfield. Why would they change it back when Memphis didn't even play after the Liberty Bowl? I'm assuming that's actually just a stock aerial photo that they tweeted and not how it actually looks at the moment.

2 hours ago, raysox said:

Dzc_f0xWkAIp77R.jpg

from Bosack himself

It's a beautiful look, and it can have longevity like the old NBA Finals and World Series logos used to have. We pick on the NFL for having a sterile logo and part of that comes from only using several different shades of silver and then another color. I like that it's an actual neutral field rather than a predetermined team stadium. For newer leagues it's better to have your final game location preset to enable fans to start picking flights and hotels that much sooner. 

1 hour ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

I really like that they got one guy to do the initial branding. Creates a cohesiveness with the league. That's a cool looking trophy

I agree to a point. The overall league aesthetic is pretty close together but I like the idea of another designer working on a couple teams, something like what Brandiose does but not to the extent of a puffy taco running with a football or a raccoon throwing the ball. 

51 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

Does it look like the NHL Vegas Golden Knights Logo to anybody else? Sort of?

I don't really get that vibe at all. It reminds me more of the Armed Forces Bowl trophy than the Knights. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:13 PM, 4_tattoos said:

Took a look at the remaining AAF schedule and these will likely be the games we'll see clash jerseys again.

Week 2
Atlanta @ San Diego

Anything out of Atlanta's social media announcing an alternate jersey yet? purple/purple/gold vs dark gray/dark gray/ light gray is more of a clash that the Birmingham/Memphis game from last week.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

20 minutes ago, GT Designs said:

The commentators on the Stallions-Iron game just said “I bet the Stallions can’t wait to wear their home uniforms next week.” Was it a preview or a non knowing commentator? What do you guys think?

Probably the commentators. Who do they play next week?

Archived