Alliance of American Football - Team Names and Logos

WideRight

3 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

Riddell made two sets of helmets for Salt Lake:

Actually, I think those are the regular helmets, just not finished. The white part is a mask and the silver is painted on over the blue. In this picture you can kind of tell  based on the bottom spike(?) and some parts where the silver didn’t cover completely 

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Think I'm officially onboard the Birmingham needs helmet logos train. Though I'd prefer if they just had a silver B instead of the main logo.

The B in the football is a perfect helmet logo. Why they aren't using it on the helmet is baffling.

At least they should fix that awful stripe. With a normal straight stripe the blank helmet would not look so bad.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

2 hours ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

What exactly is on the SLC helmet? I know it's part of the logo, but......just.....why?!?

Part of the stallion logo's mane. Guess they wanted to do something different than just put the horse logo on the sides.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I don't love that it's obvious that the whole league was done by the same design team - I'd prefer more diversity, rather than it being obvious that they aren't really individual tems but branches of a corporation - but overall, it's impossible to argue that the league isn't killing it from a design aspect. 

From a branding standpoint, it's clearly the best non-NFL football league since the USFL.  Well done by Joe and team.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Part of the stallion logo's mane. Guess they wanted to do something different than just put the horse logo on the sides.

I get its the mane. It's just done extremely poorly. Like, comically poorly. It looks like a cartoon horse stuck his hoof in an electric socket. Manes don't look like that......ever. 

8 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Indeed. 

Looks like Minnesota United’s wing jerseys.  

Danny-Szetela-New-York-Cosmos-Minnesota-

Their stallion looks like a Pegasus - isn’t it?

It might be a pegasus. Odd wing placement, if so. They shouldn't of went that route. Non mythical horses that can't fly played a much bigger role in Utah's history than mythical horses that can fly. 

2 hours ago, crosfam said:

Wonder if there will be an alternate jersey in Atlanta-San Diego game?  That shade of purple vs dark grey is a clash. 

Not to mentiond gold/tan pants vs light gray pants. As well as gold helmet decals vs metallic yellow decals.

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I don't love that it's obvious that the whole league was done by the same design team - I'd prefer more diversity, rather than it being obvious that they aren't really individual tems but branches of a corporation - but overall, it's impossible to argue that the league isn't killing it from a design aspect. 

From a branding standpoint, it's clearly the best non-NFL football league since the USFL.  Well done by Joe and team.

Yeah that’s what gets me. Everything seems so homogenous. 

I know all teams are centrally owned but letting each team experiment with their brand would make for a more diverse and “authentic” looking league, for lack of a better term.

I took a look at both the Legends and Fleet's twitter pages. Atlanta had their purple jerseys hanging up in the locker room and San Diego was doing warmups on the field in their grays. Guess the league thinks there will be sufficient contrast between their uniforms. We're about to find out.

21 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

I took a look at both the Legends and Fleet's twitter pages. Atlanta had their purple jerseys hanging up in the locker room and San Diego was doing warmups on the field in their grays. Guess the league thinks there will be sufficient contrast between their uniforms. We're about to find out.

👎 boo.  Somebody needs to break out some whites. Watching on TV now . Just doesn't look right to me. Fleet would also look better with dark gray pants with yellow chevrons. Maybe an all light gray road look with dark gray chevrons. 

21 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

I can pick them out, but in piles they blend together. Atlanta needed the whites. 

I was just about to say this as well. If there's a bit of separation I can pick bkth out but if it's a run up the gut it's a jumble.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived