Alliance of American Football - Team Names and Logos

WideRight

On 2/18/2019 at 4:26 AM, 4_tattoos said:

Yeah only one jersey was a mistake. If that's the route the wanted to take, the AAF they should have made sure none of the uniforms/colors clashed with each other. Even the UFL had home and away jerseys when it debuted with just 4 teams in 2009.

In hindsight they would probably had better served not having them, their first game was the Locos light gray vs white and it was damn near unwatchable.

ea10d_3585.jpg

Looking back at pictures it also looks like the Locos switched to black numbers on silver midseason and also decided to go color vs color  for the championship game

07Giants.pngnyy.png

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The WLAF never had templates uniforms. If you have a program from the first year, there is an article about how NFL Properties came up with the uniform designs. The Birmingham Fire never had sleeve stripes. They had flames. Sacramento had aqua sleeves and white body and all white body on the road. Frankfurt never had sleeve stripes. When the league came back in '95, Reebok and NFL Properties designed the jerseys with the logos on the body. Unfortunately, that craze carried over into the CFL (Toronto, Memphis, etc.)

40 minutes ago, NYC Cosmos said:

The WLAF never had templates uniforms. If you have a program from the first year, there is an article about how NFL Properties came up with the uniform designs. The Birmingham Fire never had sleeve stripes. They had flames. Sacramento had aqua sleeves and white body and all white body on the road. Frankfurt never had sleeve stripes. When the league came back in '95, Reebok and NFL Properties designed the jerseys with the logos on the body. Unfortunately, that craze carried over into the CFL (Toronto, Memphis, etc.)

The template is block numbers with one or two outlines. Every team's logos were placed on the sleeves with striping. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The template is block numbers with one or two outlines. Every team's logos were placed on the sleeves with striping. 

Except San Antonio in year 1. Trust me. I have all the jerseys – all game worn. I even have a home Orlando Thunder gamer.

6 minutes ago, NYC Cosmos said:

Except San Antonio in year 1. Trust me. I have all the jerseys – all game worn. I even have a home Orlando Thunder gamer.

I always miss that Riders jersey. I should ammend my statement to say MOST teams followed a design philosophy rather than a design template. The Riders, Knights and Machine did all use the same stripe pattern colored in differently with the last two placing logos over top of it.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, tjs11 said:

Is Orlando the only team with advertising on their uniforms? if so, why?

I think so, but I rushed through this a little bit so I might've missed one.

I'm very surprised they don't all have it, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

3 minutes ago, See Red said:

I think so, but I rushed through this a little bit so I might've missed one.

I'm very surprised they don't all have it, though.

It looks great! Love the style. It just made me think of the question and now I am very curious.

6 minutes ago, tjs11 said:

Is Orlando the only team with advertising on their uniforms? if so, why?

I believe Orlando and Arizona both have the same ad patch on their jerseys.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, See Red said:

I made this for some reason.  Let me know if you notice any errors.

For a couple the side panels are big enough to stick out but I think if you try to stretch them out it might take away from the look. You really should send the AAF a picture of each matchup using these to show them where they need to adjust.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I wish the league would have made every team entirely unique. 

Salt Lake should be light blue, royal blue, light blue. San Antonio should more prominently feature burgundy instead of red (and keep the gray pants) to separate themselves from Memphis. San Diego should drop the light gray and use the battleship gray throughout. Orlando should be orange with dark blue pants at home. Then, of course, every team have a white jersey for clash purposes.

San Diego could have dark gray jersey and matching pants, both with yellow chevrons. Road uni could be light gray, matching current pants, both with dark gray chevrons. Road uni with dark grey numbers, and yellow drop shadow, or vice versa. Dark gray sleeve caps on road version. 

9 hours ago, CowboyKevin said:

Those look really cool See Red.  Would love to see your 2nd jersey ideas for the other teams.   Have you made the white jersey combo that Memphis wore week 1?

I have not.  I've made a few 2nd jersey ideas.  I might start a thread in the concepts forum at some point so I don't clog up this thread.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived