WideRight

Alliance of American Football - Team Names and Logos

The Alliance of American Football, the Ebersol-Polian led Spring league, is expected to release the team names & logos for their 8 franchises on Sept. 25th, but have begun teasing the logos on their facebook page.  Not much to go on other than looking at the color combinations.  4 teams yesterday, likely 4 more today.  So far 3 of 4 use grey/silver in some format.  Hoping the remaining 4 diversify a bit.  So far we have a double-blue, a red-navy, a black-silver and a maroon-silver.   I would like to see use of green, yellow, orange, purple, gold, copper, brown or teal in some format for diversity.   The cities (not identified with the logos, so most on the facebook comments are trying to guess) are Atlanta, Birmingham, Memphis, Orlando, Phoenix, San Antonio, San Diego and Salt Lake City. 

42045023_325371818023230_696990255892817

42098059_325347461358999_834100597551529

42058581_325317604695318_553870798002480

41942298_325286621365083_520792819180031

Edited by officeglenn

My shot in the dark --

The top one is the end of a bee's wing and is part of the Utah/Salt Lake City logo.

27 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

My shot in the dark --

The top one is the end of a bee's wing and is part of the Utah/Salt Lake City logo.

Third one down could be, too.  I’m betting the top one is the point of a sword. 

Oh man...I love these kinds of games.

So I'm going to play the cynic and guess that since some of these teams share markets with the NBA that they'll use similar color palettes in an effort to generate some affinity. So with that in mind:

Logo #2 - San Antonio.

Logo #3 - Memphis (I'm guessing some kind of music note for the logo). 

As for the other two...I'll take a wild guess and say Logo #1 is Birmingham and Logo #4 is Atlanta. 

Alabama colors for Birmingham could be a blessing or a curse...is it best to seperate yourself from the identity or not?

That one is clearly a crown.

Is it me or does logo #4 look like the Buffalo Bills logo going downhill (pretty apt metaphor these days)?

1 hour ago, Wings said:

Here is another:

42085877_325617334665345_903968495714382

Memphis Kings?

What do I win if I'm right?

14 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Memphis Kings?

What do I win if I'm right?

You get to be the starting QB.

As exciting as this sort of reveal is, and as interesting as some of the colour combinations are, these little previews seem to suggest that all the teams' logos will be similar to one another, and will be recognisably from the same source.  I wouldn't like that.

1 hour ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Purple and gold is 100% Orlando City

FIFY

I like the earlier suggestion of Memphis Kings. I don’t see how a crown would work for Orlando at all.

7 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

FIFY

I like the earlier suggestion of Memphis Kings. I don’t see how a crown would work for Orlando at all.

As someone admittedly NOT from Orlando...a crown could work for Orlando from an outsiders point-of-view because of its "Magic Kingdom."

Not agreeing with that connection...just making an observation.

Anyone doing a USPTO search on these?  Surely they've trademarked the names by now.  Surely they aren't that stupid to release these before that...

/What am I saying?

Rough edges on those raster graphics - could at least used vectors for the blow-ups.  ;) 

2 hours ago, agentrygraphics said:

As someone admittedly NOT from Orlando...a crown could work for Orlando from an outsiders point-of-view because of its "Magic Kingdom."

Not agreeing with that connection...just making an observation.

Normally, if someone tried to make a Magic Kingdom connection they would either use the Disney castle or a star. I haven't ever seen anyone try to represent it with a crown before. That explanation kind of makes sense though, and I can see them doing it.