SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

Gonna probably wait till the Nike takeover is in effect to redesign the uniforms and logo and return to the old teal color scheme.

Totally thought they were going back to teal permanently. So disappointed...

Report: Marlins In Teal Again in 2019

😮

Hey, when it’s abundantly obvious what the people want, you should just give ’em what they want! (*nudges the San Diego Padres hard with an elbow*)

😃

According to a report on SBNation’s “Fish Stripes”, the Miami Marlins will break out their teal throwback uniforms once again during the 2019 season for a four-game set against the Arizona Diamondbacks from July 26-29.

😭

It's kinda weird to just have them for one series, and not only that but to have them for every game of that series, right?

If this is a gesture of acknowledging what the people want, why not just have Throwback Thursdays or something?

Or if you know your fan base wants them, how about just wearing them all the time? 

Either pass the stool or get off the can, Marlins. If the fans want the classic set, do a Diamondbacks/Brewers-style full-time throwback at the very least.

I’m a fan of the Art Deco set’s potential (especially with that blue shade), but Loria’s directives meant that it has sadly never gotten a chance to fulfil it. Now it’s just going to be tossed in the dumpster in favor of renovating an early-1990s design that didn’t age all that well. 

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Either pass the stool or get off the can, Marlins. If the fans want the classic set, do a Diamondbacks/Brewers-style full-time throwback at the very least.

I’m a fan of the Art Deco set’s potential (especially with that blue shade), but Loria’s directives meant that it has sadly never gotten a chance to fulfil it. Now it’s just going to be tossed in the dumpster in favor of renovating an early-1990s design that didn’t age all that well. 

The tyranny of nostalgia strikes again. 

8 hours ago, Placebo said:

Or if you you your fan base wants them, how about just wearing them all the time? 

Fan base, you mean all 5 of them?

No reason to change uniforms and mass produce them, not many will buy anything to support Jeter and his AAA team 

8 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I kinda agree with you...but a three-to-four game homestand is not really muddling anything up. This is potentially less than a Friday throwback or Thursday day-game throwback promotion.

The point of this article is really that the Marlins 2019 uniforms/uniform rotation will be exactly the same as 2018 was.

This one throwback series is a placeholder because they're not rebranding in time for 2019. By 2020 (or not much later than that) they'll have done a rebrand and teal will probably be featured somewhere more prominently/more often.  

2 hours ago, skip88 said:

No reason to change uniforms and mass produce them, not many will buy anything to support Jeter and his AAA team 

I don't blame them.

3 hours ago, skip88 said:

Yeah too bad the fan base won't support Derek Jeter's attempts to fix the already disastrous organization he bought from an infinitely worse owner.

Yep, I clicked on this thinking that the uniforms were formally being changed back to teal.  This is clickbait.  Realy lame.

Personally I think they should find a happy medium. Bring back the teal as the primary color, but keep the Miami Art Deco imagery.

On 9/21/2018 at 3:15 PM, SilverBullet1929 said:

Yeah too bad the fan base won't support Derek Jeter's attempts to fix the already disastrous organization he bought from an infinitely worse owner.

You mean the owner that got Miami 2 word series titles and did everything he could to keep the face of the franchise on the team?

But okay, congrats to Jeter, his Yankees  are in the playoffs 

8 hours ago, skip88 said:

You mean the owner that got Miami 2 word series titles and did everything he could to keep the face of the franchise on the team?

He wasn't the owner for both World Series.

There's really no reason to legitimize Jeffrey Loria as a good owner. He wasn't. 

15 hours ago, skip88 said:

Loria wasn't the owner for the first championship and since the 2nd championship came in only Loria's 2nd season with the Marlins it's easy to argue that he didn't do much to build the 2003 championship team. Yes he signed Pudge before 2003 but 75-80% of that championship team was acquired by previous owners and GMs. Loria was lucky to buy a team with a great young talented core already ready to advance to the next level.

And Loria threw $325 million at Stanton because he absolutely knew he was selling within a few seasons and never had any intention of paying that contract himself. Especially with how backloaded that contract is Loria knew very well that that contract was meant to be an albatross for the next owners which is why Jeter felt the need to trade that enormous contract away. 

You're also bringing up Loria extending Stanton while conveniently leaving out the 2 fire sales that Loria orchestrated in his time here. Don't act like the man was an angel who did all he could to maintain a winning team in Miami. 

And what does the Yankees making the playoffs have to do with Jeter's attempts to build the Marlins into a sustainable winner? It's not like Jeter owns the Yankees so don't act like them making the playoffs in 2018 is something he concerns himself with. 

As a Marlins fan for over 25 years I'm used to the cheap shots and smart ass comments but if you're gonna throw them at me at least get your facts straight first. 

4 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

As a Marlins fan for over 25 years I'm used to the cheap shots and smart ass comments but if you're gonna throw them at me at least get your facts straight first. 

But muh cheap jokes and parroting of reactionary statements!

Trying to “redeem” Loria is a fool’s errand.

P.S. Jorge Más wouldn’t have made the team’s situation better. If anything, he’d have tried to go all-in on a team with a low ceiling. That’s how you get a Giants-level clusterbleep of terrible contracts that cripple a team’s flexibility.