SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

I'm fine with teams having their team name on the road. But it's also highly dependent on the "character" of the team. I don't like when region-named teams do it, for example. Even if teams like the Rangers have a history of doing this.

Second bump, but im guessing not much will happen considering this will be the final season until the Nike rebrand.

Damn, end of an era. Things got a little weird in the end with the Flex Base that made pinstripe uniforms look like they had diapers in the back but for the most part, Majestic were pretty solid. Never fell for the piping phase of the 2000s that plagued every league in the world, only used that for Sping Training. 

3 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

Second bump, but im guessing not much will happen considering this will be the final season until the Nike rebrand.

Probably lots of throwback stuff for the 150th Anniversary. Probably new alts as well. 

Plus the Marlins change. 

4 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

Was the Nike deal even finalized? We heard about UA backing out and Nike swooping in, but not that anything was officially signed or announced. 

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Was the Nike deal even finalized? We heard about UA backing out and Nike swooping in, but not that anything was officially signed or announced. 

You're right - there was never any public announcement, just a whole lotta "report:"s. 

We honestly don't know what's going to happen after next season.

Does a new manufacturer even have any affect on redesigns? If a team wants a change it'll change.

I don't have the time, but I'd love to see if there's a noticeable lack of changes before the final year of a league-wide deal.

On 10/23/2018 at 7:56 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

I also prefer the Dodgers version to the Los Angeles one.  Not big on two-word scripts with a tail.

Same here. I'd also want them to go a step further and bring back their road uniforms from 1977-98 w/the white outline on the script/names/numbers and the white-blue-white sleevet rim.

The Dodgers need to stay away from anything involving outlines.  Ideally they'd also rip the piping off of the "Los Angeles" road jersey but with the "LA" on the sleeve removing it from the rotation entirely wouldn't be the worst thing.  The look is classic and looks best with the simplicity of single color lettering and numbers.

If they were to do ANYTHING I wouldn't mind them having the spring training jerseys as an extra option (with the sleeve piping removed and the regular cap).  It's a clean look that fixes everything wrong with the triple-silver-outlined FOX abominations.

luJB50p.jpg

I wouldn’t mind the road jersey going full Brooklyn, with the head spoon and sleeve trim (and red front number):

dodgersrd1957.jpg

item_40478_1.jpg

But a no-trim “Los Angeles” jersey would be best.

4 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Does a new manufacturer even have any affect on redesigns? If a team wants a change it'll change.

Sure it does.  Manufacturers can influence redesigns through their design teams and help convince owners that they're needed in the first place. 

It's a partnership, a dialogue, and although the manufacturers don't deserve all the ire for pointless changes neither are they blameless.

The Reds will celebrate 150 years of baseball. They will wear this patch all season and sport 15 different throwbacks throughout the season

DrRaDK1X0AAnFt7.jpg

5 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

The Reds will celebrate 150 years of baseball. They will wear this patch all season and sport 15 different throwbacks throughout the season

DrRaDK1X0AAnFt7.jpg

Thats a beauty of a logo

1902 Home, 1911 Road, 1912 Home, 1919 Home World Series, 1935 Home, 1936 "Palm Beach" Alternate, 1939 Home, 1956 Road, 1961 Home, 1967 Home, 1969 Home, 1976 Home, 1990 Home, 1995 Home, and 1999 Home throwbacks will be worn throughout the season

DrRcBpGXcAAOffR.jpg

2019 Spring Training

DrQmyDQXgAA9z2C.jpg

I'm thrilled!

https://twitter.com/Reds/status/1059571088768843777/photo/1

I'm most looking forward to 1936 because of the red pants, 1961, 1969 (which would be their full time uniform if I had my druthers), 1990 (the best possible version of the pullover uniforms, fixed all the issues with the BRM unis, and was the uniform worn during the only championship in my lifetime), 1995 (I really never liked these unis, but they were the uniforms of my childhood and I'll enjoy the novelty of seeing them on the field one more time), and 1999 (my favorite Reds team ever). 

All those throwbacks... this is great. I love that logo, too.

Although, are we still gonna pretend that the original team didn't fold?