SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

10 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Although, are we still gonna pretend that the original team didn't fold?

The reasons why the original team folded, which was something to do with selling beer at the ballpark, were complete horse$hit. I get why they make that connection. 

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Although, are we still gonna pretend that the original team didn't fold?

If we can pretend that the Montreal Alouettes of the CFL didnt fold in the 80s to be reborn by relocating Baltimore Stallions in 1996 then yes we can pretend the Reds didnt fold.

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

The reasons why the original team folded, which was something to do with selling beer at the ballpark, were complete horse$hit. I get why they make that connection. 

My father, who was from Cincinnati, always told us not to forget that Cincinnati is the South. 

14 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

If we can pretend that the Montreal Alouettes of the CFL didnt fold in the 80s to be reborn by relocating Baltimore Stallions in 1996 then yes we can pretend the Reds didnt fold.

Fine.  But I don’t ever want to hear another complaint about the Cleveland Browns lineage. 

9 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

My father, who was from Cincinnati, always told us not to forget that Cincinnati is the South. 

It took me somewhere in the ballpark of 25 years to realize this. I mean, Ohio sits directly above Kentucky so I guess it should’ve been obvious, but I never made the connection between Southern Ohio and the South until recently. 

I'm guessing the Reds will unveil a new alternate jersey as well. What about the Oakland Athletics 50th anniversary Kelly green alternate jersey? Is it coming back next season or was it a one year thing? I'm also hoping the Royals mothball their Friday night home alternates, but I doubt that will happen.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Fine.  But I don’t ever want to hear another complaint about the Cleveland Browns lineage. 

The leagues can tell us all they want but the Browns are in Baltimore, the Earthquakes are in Houston, the Hornets are in New Orleans, and the Bobcats are Hornets 2.0, and as much as fans in Winnipeg say, the Jets are in Arizona.

So you will hold the Reds to the same standard?  Consistency is all I ask.

Cincinnati and St. Louis seem to be very similar in terms of being almost Southern and very German.

Ohio does not claim Cincinnati or its disgusting chili. Might as well call it Kentucky. 

2 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Ohio does not claim Cincinnati

This is kind of a compliment. 

5 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Ohio does not claim Cincinnati or its disgusting chili.

I cast votes for the Ohio Governor and senate this morning. I hope they still count. 

I don't really align with the true native Cincinnatians on a lot of stuff, politics especially, but the most Cincinnati thing about me is how much I love the Reds and Skyline Chili. Skyline Chili is the :censored:ing best gross food on the planet and I go there biweekly. Any attempts to knock it only serves to make me stronger and places you firmly into Basic Bitchdom. I don't make the rules. I will stan for Skyline until the day I die. 

It's cheese, meat, spaghetti. You can get it on a hot dog. They bring you oyster crackers! Throw it all on a baked potato and it's like if a warm blanket was a meal. Protip: Get the Chilito with spaghetti on a tomato wrap. It's a 3way, wrapped up in a tortilla, but their tomato wraps are bigger than their regular tortilla shells so you get more goop inside, but for the same price. 

Might as well call it Kentucky. 

Kentucky doesn't want us either. 

9 hours ago, the admiral said:

Cincinnati and St. Louis seem to be very similar in terms of being almost Southern and very German.

Yes correct, but Cincinnati's topography is far more interesting. St Louis had to build an arch so people had something to look up towards. 

I don't think it's that Cincinnati is "southern" so much as it is a river city.  It seems like most of the major cities that were oriented toward the Ohio River/Mississippi River are to some degree culturally separated for the rest of their state (Cincinnati, Louisville, Memphis, St. Louis, etc.).

53 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Cincinnati chili is fantastic and I refuse to consider otherwise.

Also, I'm pumped to see that 1999 uniform returning!  Will be cool to see all of their throwbacks in action.  

Are they wearing the 1994 pinstripe hats and unis? I didn't seem them but maybe?

7 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Cool...my Reds hat collection will increase by at least two next year (currently at 0 lol).

I’d put good money on it that it’ll be a full Chinese-made run, though. Getting that pinstripe cap in MUSA poly is basically impossible. 

Just now, Bucfan56 said:

I’d put good money on it that it’ll be a full Chinese-made run, though. Getting that pinstripe cap in MUSA poly is basically impossible. 

I'm ok with any make as long as the brim's on straight (and flexible), the stitching and seams are good, and it's a true fit...which is like 10% of New Era hats no matter the location.