SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

If likes and RT's are any indication it looks like the 99 set is the most popular among the fans so far in this chain.

(Granted, nostalgic fans from 1911 probably aren't around and using twitter)

Reds Celebrate 150th with 15 Throwback Uniforms in 2019

November 6, 2018 - 21:18 PM

The Cincinnati Reds will be celebrating the 150th anniversary of the first professional baseball team next season with a commemorative logo, patch, and *fifteen* different throwback uniforms, among other things. Not to be outdone by the Chicago Cubs, who in […]

Read More...

Out of all those uniforms, the 1976 and 1990 (which is the same as the '76 set except for red shoes, striping down the side of the pants and three stripes on the sleeves) are my faves. :)

I am excited to see that nightmarish 1956 Mr. Red logo.

You better believe I'm getting me a 1995 hat though. Brings me back to Ken Griffey Jr. on the Nintendo 64.

Why the Reds aren’t still wearing their 1995 set, I’ll never know. It should be one of those classics that needs no touching. 

I would’ve preferred if the Reds wore this but I totally understand why they chose the black version. 

reds01.jpg

If it were up to me (ha!), of the throwbacks I'd go with the '69 set for home, a (modernized, less nightmarish) '56 set on the road, and the '39 set for all American holidays in lieu of whatever awful sets the MLB is pushing for July 4, etc.

Chief Wahoo's final act comes in Japan.

5 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

NL East bros hanging out.  Another example of what the Nats could look like if they used red hats on the road

I wonder how it'd look if it was a red W with blue and white outline - so basically just like the jersey script.  I kinda like the Angles red-on-red, so I'd be curious to at least see it.

4 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

And the home cap with the road uni. 

And Ostinko in an Indians uni. Hopefully.

Seems like players in the Japan series mixed things up as far as their usual cap and jersey combinations. I wonder if that was a conscious thing or if they were told they didn't have to stick to the usual or if they were purposely trying new stuff or what. Marlins in orange caps, Indians in the home caps with the road unis, Nationals with the red caps on the road unis... kinda interesting.

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Seems like players in the Japan series mixed things up as far as their usual cap and jersey combinations. I wonder if that was a conscious thing or if they were told they didn't have to stick to the usual or if they were purposely trying new stuff or what. Marlins in orange caps, Indians in the home caps with the road unis, Nationals with the red caps on the road unis... kinda interesting.

I doubt teams issued them for the players, since most guys packed up lockers over a month ago.  MLB probably provided them.

1 hour ago, AstroBull21 said:

MLB probably provided them.

With the possibility of them being provided incorrectly? Like they threw in a red Nationals cap not thinking that it was a road game and they would normally wear the navy cap?

40 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

With the possibility of them being provided incorrectly? Like they threw in a red Nationals cap not thinking that it was a road game and they would normally wear the navy cap?

Ive seen photos of the team in both white and gray, so they may have sent 2 sets of unis and one hat.  

Edit: photo from this years event

Japan-MLB-All-Stars-Baseball.jpg?w=620

That pic tells me one thing: that the Nats do in fact have their front numbers too low. It has never bothered me until that pic. It should be on the same level as their logo.

45734189_10158351012476840_3099885606436The Cardinals social media accounts put this out a few days ago with the caption "You’re gonna flip! We have a big announcement coming soon…" After a little digging, the original photo is actually of Ozzie in a home white uni that has been photoshopped powder blue for the post. I have to assume this means we'll be seeing a return of powder blue for the Cards in some capacity for 2019.