SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

2 hours ago, CB27 said:

45734189_10158351012476840_3099885606436The Cardinals social media accounts put this out a few days ago with the caption "You’re gonna flip! We have a big announcement coming soon…" After a little digging, the original photo is actually of Ozzie in a home white uni that has been photoshopped powder blue for the post. I have to assume this means we'll be seeing a return of powder blue for the Cards in some capacity for 2019.

Interesting that the photo was of Ozzie in the home white uni. 

When I first saw it, I was thinking some kind of powder blues or something. My thing is, if it IS something uniform related, it wouldn't just be something they wear every once in awhile. The previous years they've worn the powder blues for some throwback games but they don't make a big announcement out of it. Maybe a powder blue uniform is going to be a "road alternate" since they have a home alternate now.

On 11/6/2018 at 8:54 AM, McCarthy said:

It's cheese, meat, spaghetti. You can get it on a hot dog. They bring you oyster crackers! Throw it all on a baked potato and it's like if a warm blanket was a meal. Protip: Get the Chilito with spaghetti on a tomato wrap.

I'm pretty sure this is a Mad Lib. All the food items seem to be randomly decided.

29 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I think it was originally based on a 4th grade dare. 

Or a contest of escalation between nutrition science students during a blunt break. I hear they're working for Ian's Pizza now:

thumb_600.jpg

Yes, that is Mac & Cheese "pizza." No, I have not been drunk/high enough to try it.

On 11/11/2018 at 10:29 PM, Gothamite said:

I think it was originally based on a 4th grade dare. 

Later on, that little boy grew up. He moved to Chicago. He got a job at McDonalds, and he invented a little something called the McRib. And now... you know... the rest of the story.

RIP, American made on-field 59Fiftys.

https://www.wkbw.com/news/derby-new-era-manufacturing-plant-to-close

He even found a way to ruin hats. 

23 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

RIP, American made on-field 59Fiftys.

https://www.wkbw.com/news/derby-new-era-manufacturing-plant-to-close

He even found a way to ruin hats. 

"Top brass at New Era tells me the company is dealing with an imposition of a 10% tariff, which it has been able to absorb across global ops. Says Derby’s closure is not a direct result of the tariffs - owning & operating a manufacturing plant is out of line w/ global competitors."

"The Buffalo News reports the company is moving its manufacturing facility to Miami."

Two things: 

I’m half kidding about the second part of it, but it’s absolutely eye rolling that they’re even bringing that part up. This has been the trend for awhile now and to try to shift the focus to recent tariffs is pretty hollow. None of this is new. 

And second, the shift to Florida won’t be for consumer products, as they don’t really have that kind of room. It’s pretty likely that once Derby is gone, consumer products will be exclusively imported. 

This is is the kind of thing that could even potentially hurt New Era’s MLB license for the long term. 

Just now, Bucfan56 said:

Two things: 

I’m half kidding about the second part of it, but it’s absolutely eye rolling that they’re even bringing that part up. This has been the trend for awhile now and to try to shift the focus to recent tariffs is pretty hollow. None of this is new. 

And second, the shift to Florida won’t be for consumer products, as they don’t really have that kind of room. It’s pretty likely that once Derby is gone, consumer products will be exclusively imported. 

This is is the kind of thing that could even potentially hurt New Era’s MLB license for the long term. 

Which would suck because once Nike gets the uniform deal as rumoured starting NEXT postseason, they'll probably get the caps too.  Nike hats suck especially for those who have big heads.

10 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

And second, the shift to Florida won’t be for consumer products, as they don’t really have that kind of room.

How do you know they don’t have that kind of room?

Why are folks so convinced that Nike will get hats? If anything, New Era's portfolio of NBA hats vastly expanded when Nike took over the on-court contract, and New Era is the official on-court hat there (to the extent that hats are worn on court).

7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

How do you know they don’t have that kind of room?

I worked for/with New Era for nearly a decade. 

With all this talk going on about the new Marlins rebrand, I haven't thought to ask...have there been any leaks about the Cardinals alts?  (Assuming we're correct about the blue alts).  Do you think they'll be throwbacks (pullovers, red/white/blue elastic, etc) or do you think it will be an updated, modern version of the blues?

4 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

I worked for/with New Era for nearly a decade. 

Can you point me in the right direction for a Miami job.... asking for a friend ofcourse..... ofcourse.

I can say with total certainty, especially now, that New Era isn’t the kind of company ANYONE wants to work for. 

The Nats' ST hat logo needs to be just a tad bigger. It looks really small on the huge white panel.

Still pretty nice though. The jersey is what they should be wearing for all home games.

Damn, that Nats cap/jersey combo looks great. 

Is it normal for a team's new ST look to leak this far in advance? 

A white spring training jersey that's better than the home jersey???? What are they thinking? And it almost implies the spring training jersey being better or more important than the primary home. That's so weird. Also now wondering how many other teams are going with white spring jerseys. Wait then what happens in spring road games? This is confusing. Soooo many questions I have.