SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

Misleading thread title is misleading.

(Edit: Now I look silly. But new thread title is better)

Edited by kevinmets
thread title changed

21 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

And what does the Yankees making the playoffs have to do with Jeter's attempts to build the Marlins into a sustainable winner? It's not like Jeter owns the Yankees so don't act like them making the playoffs in 2018 is something he concerns himself with. 

Well, he gave them Stanton for pennies on the dollar in order to unload Loria's contract with him. 

22 minutes ago, Bill81361 said:

Well, he gave them Stanton for pennies on the dollar in order to unload Loria's contract with him. 

I wouldn't say pennies on the dollar but yes absolutely the return for Stanton was lessened to have the contract unloaded. Stanton was traded for financial relief more than for anything else, no denying that. They felt they needed to rid themselves of that contract to do what they wanted to do to rebuild from that. 

Well, to steer this away from the another Marlins pile-on....

Do we know if the Brewers are finally gonna :censored: or get off the pot with any changes?  They've been painfully, slowly phasing the BiG back in for the past few years and I seem to see the throwback/fauxback brand more around the city (and pretty much everywhere else that isn't an actual game on TV).  Yet the full-on rebrand we've been anticipating for years now never seems to happen.

Though I have to imagine if the Brewers are plotting any changes, they'd keep quite about them now, with playoff ball returning to Milwaukee and all the new merch for sale that it entails.  

Speaking of which, they went with navy and gold with the glove for their official locker room shirts, and I've been seeing this combo a lot more often lately in ads.  I still prefer royal blue, but if they did go back to 1982 with royal swapped out for navy, I could more than live with that.  As overused as navy is in general, they're the only NL Central team that uses it for their primary color.  And apart from their stint in the AL, Milwaukee teams have always worn navy, going back to the early 20th century.

ff_3282352a_full.jpg&w=340

On 9/28/2018 at 2:10 PM, NicDB said:

Well, to steer this away from the another Marlins pile-on....

Do we know if the Brewers are finally gonna :censored: or get off the pot with any changes?  They've been painfully, slowly phasing the BiG back in for the past few years and I seem to see the throwback/fauxback brand more around the city (and pretty much everywhere else that isn't an actual game on TV).  Yet the full-on rebrand we've been anticipating for years now never seems to happen.

Though I have to imagine if the Brewers are plotting any changes, they'd keep quite about them now, with playoff ball returning to Milwaukee and all the new merch for sale that it entails.  

Speaking of which, they went with navy and gold with the glove for their official locker room shirts, and I've been seeing this combo a lot more often lately in ads.  I still prefer royal blue, but if they did go back to 1982 with royal swapped out for navy, I could more than live with that.  As overused as navy is in general, they're the only NL Central team that uses it for their primary color.  And apart from their stint in the AL, Milwaukee teams have always worn navy, going back to the early 20th century.

ff_3282352a_full.jpg&w=340

I agree, just do it already. It's so frustrating. I was at my first game in awhile during the Reds series and I took note that the BiG brand was being worn BY FAR the most whether it was in Royal/Yellow or Navy/Yellow, young or old, man or woman. (I myself was rocking a Powder Blue BiG shirt ?) Same thing at the store, I almost always see more BiG related apparel. 

Defend it from what? Dudes from Vernon Hills?

7 hours ago, the admiral said:

Defend it from what? Dudes from Vernon Hills?

"Defend" is the standard-issue locker room shirt this year.

ff_3282310a_full.jpg&w=340ff_3282353_full.jpg&w=340ff_3282320a_full.jpg&w=340ff_3285039a_full.jpg&w=340ff_3282348a_full.jpg&w=340ff_3282319a_full.jpg&w=340

I find the Brewers choice of "Defend MKE" peculiar considering (a.) the Brewers have only ever been identified as "MIL" in the sports world, and (b.) unlike the horrible reach on the Indians shirt, Milwaukee best known nickname (Brew City) can also stand as a reference to the team.

That said, I'll probably end up owning one when they go on sale.

Maybe they're just very passionate about airport security, I don't know. Standardized generic postseason shirts are dumb and anyone who buys one is a rube who can be sold literally anything. Everyone who buys one should be put on a mailing list for donations to The Human Fund.

Brewers have been wearing the fauxback pinstripes for this final series, so I'm optimistic that maybe they'll keep wearing them at home for the playoffs, and go with their second-least-bad look (navy BiG) on the road. This is the Brewers, though, so I'm not truly expecting anything attractive involving them to occur in October.

14 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Brewers have been wearing the fauxback pinstripes for this final series, so I'm optimistic that maybe they'll keep wearing them at home for the playoffs, and go with their second-least-bad look (navy BiG) on the road. This is the Brewers, though, so I'm not truly expecting anything attractive involving them to occur in October.

They wear those beauties every Fri and Sat at home. It'll be interesting to see what they'll do for the playoffs. Half of Miller Park seems to be wearing royal blue and gold these days.

After paying millions and millions of dollars for Yu Darvish and Brandon Morrow to not pitch down the stretch, the Cubs' shirts should probably say "Defend Theo Epstein."

8 hours ago, daveindc said:

They wear those beauties every Fri and Sat at home. It'll be interesting to see what they'll do for the playoffs. Half of Miller Park seams to be wearing royal blue and gold these days.

Been rooting on the Brewers and watching these games on the MLB package.

My opinion:

I believe the current Brewer uniforms are beautiful. However, I love the BiG logo.  Simply solution to me is to put the BiG logo on the sleeve as a patch of the current unis and call it a day.  The old fauxback uni design, overall, looks very dated.  The BREWERS typeset is bad.  The royal blue doesn't look as good as the dark blue.

Surprised Cleveland didn’t go with defend the chief...oh never mind 

19 hours ago, NicDB said:

I find the Brewers choice of "Defend MKE" peculiar considering (a.) the Brewers have only ever been identified as "MIL" in the sports world, and (b.) unlike the horrible reach on the Indians shirt, Milwaukee best known nickname (Brew City) can also stand as a reference to the team.

19 hours ago, the admiral said:

Maybe they're just very passionate about airport security, I don't know. 

You see “MKE” around a lot in the past decade. 

mke-ipa-13*750xx5132-2887-0-267.jpg636424779903694116-Milwaukee-Film-Festiv

CicloviaRuta.jpgmilwaukee-wave-comets-wwe-night_fullsize

Black-Arts-Fest-MKE-Vertical-logo-color.Hack-MKE-Music_Eventbrite-01.jpg26859372607_b803d249b4_b.jpg

Okay, you've got to look closely on the streetcar.  But it's there.

pMtEh-1538158469-119820-blog-1200P%20STR

MKE has really become the preferred abbreviation that the city uses to refer to itself. 

13 hours ago, daveindc said:

They wear those beauties every Fri and Sat at home. It'll be interesting to see what they'll do for the playoffs. Half of Miller Park seems to be wearing royal blue and gold these days.

Brew Crew in the throwbacks again today!

17 minutes ago, Bmac said:

Brew Crew in the throwbacks again today!

That's a good sign, because they usually wear the navy alts on Sundays from what I can tell. 

And the Brewers won, setting up a one-game playoff with Chicago for the NL Central title.  Where they’ll have to wear their drab modern roads. 

I hope they wear the throwbacks all the way to the World Championship. 

4 hours ago, daveindc said:

That's a good sign, because they usually wear the navy alts on Sundays from what I can tell. 

I'd clarify they usually wore the REGULAR navy alts on Sundays. There have been several weekend home series this season where the fauxbacks were worn all weekend. However, the navy BiG set / hat was worn pretty sparingly this season...not sure why.  They wore the heck out of that set last year.