SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

12 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

I really miss the show that MLBN had called Prime 9. Great countdown show that helped me learn a lot about the history of the game. Baseball Seasons was also another good one. 

Do those shows not air anymore? I could swear I remember watching Prime 9 highlights from 2017 last offseason.

23 hours ago, msu said:

By this logic, MLB should make bats aluminum so we have more awesome hits or the NBA should lower the hoop to 9 feet so we can get more awesome dunks. If more entertaining is better then let's go for it!

But seriously, I'm just not that impressed that players are using these advanced gloves to make one-handed catches that probably wouldn't even be possible without the modern materials on gloves. The gloves have altered the game too much in my opinion. Stickum was giving an advantage and was banned, so i don't see why these modern gloves are allowed either.

Or the NHL should have unlimited stick technology to make shots quicker and more accurate while reducing goalie pads to the size of a thimble that can break a clavicle.....

Oh wait.

F*&#&#&!

Aren't we overdue for the official reveal of spring training caps? We've only seen the Marlins and Nationals if I'm not mistaken.

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Aren't we overdue for the official reveal of spring training caps? We've only seen the Marlins and Nationals if I'm not mistaken.

There probably arent many changes then besides the material I imagine. 

3 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Not really, its usually around the February timeframe when players report that the new ones have came out in the past.

The new BP caps should be arriving at most retailers this month so we may get a few early looks.

2 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

The Padres' 50th anniversary logo leaked on a OYO Sports box:

271zz1aqoj921.jpg

Another year, and the Padres STILL cant decide on what color scheme they want their organization to be!! 🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, shstpt1 said:

Another year, and the Padres STILL cant decide on what color scheme they want their organization to be!! 🤦‍♂️

It's more clearly gold on the entire box:

P-MLBSDP50TH-G5LE_3QBox.jpg

Gold is good for a 50th.  Even if it does take them into Brewers territory. 

Just now, Gothamite said:

Gold is good for a 50th.  Even if it does take them into Brewers territory. 

It's very Padres that the border looks almost the exact same as the piping on their 04-11 alts:

ikxpbcbis0c7dnbghqrwzn3rd.gif

3 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

The Padres' 50th anniversary logo leaked on a OYO Sports box:

271zz1aqoj921.jpg

I think it'd look better without the gold outline, especially since it will be worn on white/gray jerseys most of the time. Gold 50 is fine...but the outline is sorta superfluous. 

Would it have been a cringe but kinda awesome solution for them to intentionally include ALL their color options into that one logo? Just imagine that. 

Not a fan of it. There's much too dark blue and the friar gets swallowed up. A brown/yellow patch would have been amazing but probably wouldn't pair well with their current set.

8 hours ago, Gothamite said:

True, but that was also borrowing the Brewers' color scheme.

WHICH Brewers color scheme 😁

4 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

WHICH Brewers color scheme 😁

The one I want the Brewers to give up anyway. 

Came across this Mets picture in recent days and had questions...

Is it just me or does the helmet decal here look raised/3D based on how the light is slightly reflecting off both the top of the N and the top of the Y? I wanna say there's on way they had a 3D logo back then but I wanted to see if anyone had any info on this. It just seems way too strong of a raised reflection to be just a coincidence...

Image result for sports illustrated darryl strawberry

Lastly, just curious if anyone had any backstory or reasoning as to why the Mets basically had the same New York wordmark as the Yankees in the late 80s?

Image result for gary carter mets

30 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Came across this Mets picture in recent days and had questions...

Is it just me or does the helmet decal here look raised/3D based on how the light is slightly reflecting off both the top of the N and the top of the Y? I wanna say there's on way they had a 3D logo back then but I wanted to see if anyone had any info on this. It just seems way too strong of a raised reflection to be just a coincidence...

Image result for sports illustrated darryl strawberry

I think it's just thick die-cut vinyl.

I have had a couple 80s helmets in my collection, the decals were really thick back then.  Sixteenth of an inch, at least. Maybe closer to an eighth.