SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

Recommended Posts

On 10/4/2018 at 1:46 PM, RoughRiders99 said:

I would love it if the Cubs could use this throwback road jersey as their full-time road uniforms. Maybe with blue cap/red bill, a red number on the front too along with blue NOB, red number on the back. 

 

zFkDVSH.png

 

I also love the blue alt jerseys, but would prefer to keep them on the road as it currently is. Home whites only at Wrigley. 

 

That's the absolute ideal Cubs road uniform. Perfect color balance, an attractive font, and historical relevance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody else scared for the future of MLB uniforms now after seeing how bad Nike is doing the NBA? I mean, the holiday stuff isn't THAT bad. It's only for that holiday/series. But be prepared for new alternates beyond your wields dreams!

 

 

I don't even think the Yankees will be able to escape Nike...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2018 at 7:55 AM, kroywen said:

That's the absolute ideal Cubs road uniform. Perfect color balance, an attractive font, and historical relevance.

Piping's gotta go, looks purple from a distance, and stick the primary logo on the sleeve. But other than that, yeah. No front numbers, either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2018 at 8:04 PM, insert name said:

Every time I see these, I think it says “CUBA”. 

I have the same problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So that was the last time we saw chief wahoo on the indians sleeves. Anyone know what the team will have on the sleeve next season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2018 at 8:03 PM, insert name said:

I would love to see the alternative cap come back for the road uniforms only.

Image result for Cubs 2003

You can tell the Cubs' current road jerseys were designed with the red-billed cap in mind. The blue wordmark and names with red numbers worked much better before they were paired with the traditional hat. (That photo you chose pretty neatly sums up the misery of a former Cubs life. I think that's from a 2006 start in Minnesota near the end of the Prior/Baker era.)

 

My ideal Cubs look maintains the current number font but makes these changes:

HOME: Keep it as is.

ROAD: Current wordmark and names but blue outlined in red. Standard blue numbers with red outlines. No piping on the jersey or pants, because the blue/red combo does look purple from a distance. Walking bear logo on the left sleeve. Basically the current set but everything is blue with a red outline.

ALT: Main CUBS logo on the chest and the walking bear logo on the left sleeve of a blue jersey with no piping. Paired with the old red-billed cap (exclusively seen here) and worn only on the road with gray pants. NL patch is gone. Name and numbers are red outlined in white.

THROWBACK: 1937 homes that they used once in 2014, worn on alternating Saturday and Sunday afternoons at Wrigley.

 

That's a timeless uniform that doesn't need to be touched. Ever. Right now, only the home set is iconic. The rest can be messed with.

 

(Could somebody mock that up?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, skip88 said:

So that was the last time we saw chief wahoo on the indians sleeves. Anyone know what the team will have on the sleeve next season?

 

They'll wear the 2019 MLB All Star Game patch on their sleeve next season. Something new is in the works for 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Anybody else scared for the future of MLB uniforms now after seeing how bad Nike is doing the NBA? I mean, the holiday stuff isn't THAT bad. It's only for that holiday/series. But be prepared for new alternates beyond your wields dreams!

 

 

I don't even think the Yankees will be able to escape Nike...

Not really, Nike took over NFL too and didnt go crazy outside of the Color Rush.  You might see a few, but the should be some restraint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was told today the Marlins will be making some sort of uniform related announcement “after the World Series”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marlinfan said:

I was told today the Marlins will be making some sort of uniform related announcement “after the World Series”.

I'm suddenly rooting for nothing but sweeps in the LCS and World Series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I'm suddenly rooting for nothing but sweeps in the LCS and World Series. 

 

The World Series ain’t coming any sooner.  No matter what. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, marlinfan said:

I was told today the Marlins will be making some sort of uniform related announcement “after the World Series”.

?Please bring back teal. Please bring back teal ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gothamite said:

 

The World Series ain’t coming any sooner.  No matter what. 

I know I know 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, uuh70 said:

?Please bring back teal. Please bring back teal ?

Marlins “What’s that? More black? Ok.” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, insert name said:

Marlins “What’s that? More black? Ok.” 

They're not the Padres. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, marlinfan said:

I was told today the Marlins will be making some sort of uniform related announcement “after the World Series”.

 

Won't all 2019 uniform announcements be "after the World Series", technically speaking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

They're not the Padres. 

Through the years:

We love brown/yellow = brown/orange

We still love brown/yellow = navy/orange

We still love brown/yellow = navy/sand

We still love brown/yellow = navy/yellow

Oh, navy/yellow isn't bad = navy only

Can we just go back to brown/yellow = _______

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Through the years:

We love brown/yellow = brown/orange

We still love brown/yellow = navy/orange

We still love brown/yellow = navy/sand

We still love brown/yellow = navy/yellow

Oh, navy/yellow isn't bad = navy only

Can we just go back to brown/yellow = _______

Stop. I’m still pissed off about Yellow/Navy. That was such a good, unique look. They could’ve done so much with that after the ASG season but they threw it away before it even had a chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, insert name said:

Stop. I’m still pissed off about Yellow/Navy. That was such a good, unique look. They could’ve done so much with that after the ASG season but they threw it away before it even had a chance. 

 

The yellow/navy hat was one of the best. Kind of upset I never snagged one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Padres brown has only been loved recently.

 

I still think their best look is navy/orange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now