Prince Albert Raiders Concept ( UPDATED December 22 Jersey Contest Update and Full Jersey Set Added)

72freebie

This is a rebrand concept for the Prince Albert Raiders of the Western Hockey League. I think that their logo set could up an update so I went ahead and did one. I went back to the pirate theme similar to what they had in the 2000's but I combined it with their current sword identity to create a combination of eras. I currently have 2 options for the primary logo and I need some hel picking the better one for the front of the jerseys. 

Option 1 has the wordmark above the pirate head and crossed swords

I4HKlGT.png

Option 2 has no wordmark and makes the swords more prominent behind the head

0fq2vVy.png

Here is the shoulder logo which I am quite happy with as of now. Just an R with the sword piercing through it

YUbTZAJ.png

And here is a couple of jersey options. I want to know two things from you guys: which logo looks better on the front, and if the jersey with the hem design or side panels is better. I'm hoping to hear some feedback.

uM0k1Yo.png

GGVS2Pj.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

This is a beautiful concept. The sword logo is great, and the jerseys are tremendous. My personal favorite sweater is the top right.

Just nitpicking at this point, but I think the primary pirate head could use a little tweaking. It's a little on the cartoony side. I think if you made the face a little slimmer and gave it a little more definition (i.e. extending the cheekbones, maybe some shadows) it would go a long way. Great work!

I'm with @nate.sweitz and @LogoMarkabout the pirate's head. Option 2 looks better; it's less busy than 1, and I think it works better on the jerseys.

Logo patch looks great; an improvement from the current logo's basic idea!

The jerseys are a bit out there but the second option's cool. I'd prefer it if you could emphasize green more and reduce gold to an accent color.

Needs a couple edits, but overall a nice update to the Raiders' look!

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an update to the Concept

I have updated the logo in a few ways. I changed some of the angles on the letters to ill space better. I made the mouth bigger on the pirates so that it is more proportional and the mustache is closer to the nose. I went with jersey option number 2 and applied the new logo to it. I would still like  bit more feedback as well as more opinions on what logo should be on the front because I am honestly 50/50 on it.

T1IfzdC.png

rDKHKjY.png

WCCD4wd.png

MaMIBZh.png

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys. I never did post the final update to this concept. I updated the primary logo as well as made a new jersey design.

The concept is currently a finalist in the Prince Albert Raiders jersey contest and it will be worn in a real game if it wins. If you have a minute, please follow the following link

http://raiderhockey.com/jerseycontest

and vote for my design if you think it deserves to be worn in a real game. You can vote once per day so if you really like it, make sure to vote daily. Thank you.

new primary logo

RJ1sh9S.png

new jersey design

5SqxW9y.png

18 minutes ago, Whittier S said:

I went to the link and couldn't see how to vote. Is it perhaps blocked outside of Canada? It's absurd you're not in first.

There's a small poll at the bottom of the page. I almost missed it myself.

And it's awfully tough for the average person to vote against a hand-drawn concept clearly done by a kid. Tugs at the heartstrings and all that.

While Brooks should be in first place, the hand-drawn one isn't terrible. It'll at least look good on the ice... Unlike the 4th option, yikes that's bad. 

The update on your jersey is fantastic! Side panels are usually not a good choice, so switching to angled striping was a really good move.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

7 hours ago, officeglenn said:

There's a small poll at the bottom of the page. I almost missed it myself.

And it's awfully tough for the average person to vote against a hand-drawn concept clearly done by a kid. Tugs at the heartstrings and all that.

I see the poll but I don't see anything to click for a vote.

rATMcmK.png

• 2 weeks later...

So just a little bit of an update on the contest. My design has gotten all the way back up to the top and is now tied for the lead! thank you everyone who has voted and has made this possible. That being said, if you still think my design deserves to win, then go to the following link and keep voting every day f you think that my design should be worn in a real game.

CONTEST LINK

I also did up a matching white jersey concept just to see what it would look like if the Raiders somehow adapted this as their full time look.

kBTghMk.png

Thank you for all of the support everyone!

Archived