Papa John(')s new logo

The new logo looks like a small hipster pizza chain more than an established brand. It also has wayyy too much blank space to work (look at the ribbons surrounding Papa and Johns).

It's a disappointing look. While their new logo needed to go, this new one just isn't it. Also, changing your name to Papa Johns is just baffling. If you want to wash your hands of the man, just outright rebrand.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Papa Johns.  

You know, when the Johns are all Papas.  What are they running, a brothel for priests?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2018 at 5:43 PM, Kaz said:

I’ve already forgotten what the whole controversy was about, so I’m not sure how necessary this rebrand is.  That being said, looks like they went from generic and forgettable to also generic and forgettable.

IIRC, it was a series of small things. First, he complained about having to pay his employees a "minimum wage." While I'm sure the actual quote was much more specific, it was interpreted as something like "Papa John doesn't like having to pay his employees." Then, he tried to appeal to the "'Murica" crowd during the height of the NFL players not standing for the anthem controversy. That led to the NFL switching from Papa John's to Pizza Hut for "official pizza of the NFL."

It was one of those things where he probably would have been best keeping his personal opinions to himself. By going on TV and making those beliefs public, it inevitable got tied into the brand itself. (Kind of similar to the Chik-Fil-A controversy from a few years back).

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Dilbert said:

Looks like Papa Johns has a new logo and its not the one we thought it was going to be.

Old:spacer.png

Unused:300?cb=20180920162735

New:300?cb=20190305121545

Saw this the other day in their newest commercials (that are trying really hard to pretend Papa John doesn't exist). I still see "Pizza Papa John's."

3 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Looks like Papa Johns has a new logo and its not the one we thought it was going to be.

Old:spacer.png

Unused:300?cb=20180920162735

New:300?cb=20190305121545

The newest version looks like some sort of cheap Chinese knockoff version. The white space is all over the place and the font is pretty uninspired. This just keeps getting more and more sad.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I wish they went with the different logo instead.

The old one looks like it took time to make, this one? a few minutes. I would think any firm would suggest getting rid of some elements to modernize it, instead all they did was go the sans-serif route by choosing plain ass fonts.

Archived