Calgary Flames Go Retro For New Alternate Uniform

SportsLogos.Net News

Calgary Flames Go Retro For New Alternate Uniform

September 21, 2018 - 16:12 PM

It’s another blast back to the past for the Calgary Flames, as the team this morning unveiled their new third uniform for the 2018-19 season. A throwback to the road red uniform the team first wore as they moved north […]

Read More...

Love it.  This may be the best individual jersey in the NHL right now.  These colors (like Honlulu blue/silver, kelly/silver, and a whole lotta other schemes) does not need black and looks better without it.

I hope this stuff sells really really and they go to the 1980s look full time and have black trim on a third.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Flames’ colors look better with black trim. The colors bleed together too much without it. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

3 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

The Flames’ colors look better with black trim. The colors bleed together too much without it. 

Eh, I beg to differ. Sure it may help it pop a bit better with black, but it's not necessary. I think red, gold and white work well together.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, kimball said:

Eh, I beg to differ. Sure it may help it pop a bit better with black, but it's not necessary. I think red, gold and white work well together.

I agree. For a team called the Flames, the white, gold and red bleeding together have a bright, fiery effect, which is perfect. Black tones it down, more like ash, embers, or charcoal. I say save the black for a third. Let your home and road be about the Flames, and the third can be used to say something else.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 9/21/2018 at 8:46 PM, andrewharrington said:

I agree. For a team called the Flames, the white, gold and red bleeding together have a bright, fiery effect, which is perfect. Black tones it down, more like ash, embers, or charcoal. I say save the black for a third. Let your home and road be about the Flames, and the third can be used to say something else.

Plus you see lots people wear the reto/ 3rd jersey at the games to

hvmY186.png

Archived