Sharks Switch to Stealth Mode with New Alternate Uniform

SportsLogos.Net News

Pic: San Jose Sharks New Third Jersey Leaked

September 13, 2018 - 00:23 AM

Welp, now that the new 2018/19 NHL alternate uniforms are being shipped out to retail I suppose it was only a matter of time before somebody would upload a pic to social media. Tonight it was the San Jose Sharks who […]

Read More...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Triple teal? There has to be a better way.

The crest should have more teal to stand out better from the background. It kinda seems like a problem stemming from keeping a logo the same on a different color background, but they actually did tweak the logo to make it like this.

I wonder if that's a new shark fin logo on the shoulder (Sharks' brass hinted at a new fin logo last winter), or the same shoulder logo as the primary home. Given that it looks to be a circular shoulder logo, I hope it's something like we saw in the 90s.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

28 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I wonder if that's a new shark fin logo on the shoulder (Sharks' brass hinted at a new fin logo last winter), or the same shoulder logo as the primary home. Given that it looks to be a circular shoulder logo, I hope it's something like we saw in the 90s.

It's 100% the fin logo. 

8 hours ago, WSU151 said:

0912-sjs18alt-leak.png?format=750w

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

17 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

This?

2654642017.gif

It's the home jersey shoulder patch...

That inexplicably doesn't appear on the road jersey or anywhere else.  You could forgive the redundancy of yet another shark appearing on the shoulders if they centered their new alternate around it.  Instead they've created yet another unnecessary mark to further dilute their brand.

I suppose you could forgive yet another logo if it didn't look like it was re-coloured in paint.  What is the point of making the triangle black and removing all the outlines?  So it can stand out better on the black background of the jersey? 

What's the point of making the hockey stick teal?  To add two more colours to an already crowded palette?  This team makes the Senators look like they know what they're doing.

"The circuit board pattern on the sleeve striping symbolizes our team's connection to Silicon Valley. Like the great tech innovators of our region, we strive to excel at taking established ideas and claiming them as our own, and failing spectacularly with other people's money."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

55 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

"The circuit board pattern on the sleeve striping symbolizes our team's connection to Silicon Valley. Like the great tech innovators of our region, we strive to excel at taking established ideas and claiming them as our own, and failing spectacularly with other people's money."

“The teal remains unchanged.”

Archived