Caps Go Old School, Bring Back Retro Third Uniform

SportsLogos.Net News

Caps Go Old School, Bring Back Retro Third Uniform

September 24, 2018 - 13:53 PM

The champs are kickin’ it old school in 2018-19, as Washington Capitals senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan announced the team’s new retro alternate uniform this morning. Throwing back to the road red uniform the club wore for […]

Read More...

The only thing I can think of is cash grab. Most of the thirds were already thirds prior to Adidas taking over. It’s like they had fans buy a white or color jersey last year and you’ll get the third this year. Throwbacks are cool for a weekend or special event, but when it’s your alternate identity, it muddles your current one.

KISSwall09.jpg

On 9/24/2018 at 12:16 PM, kimball said:

Meh.

I wish the NHL allowed more than three sweaters. Even a road white, home dark, home alternate and throwback would be ideal.

I think teams have the opportunity to carry a “retro night” jersey separate from their third, but they aren’t permitted to wear it as many times as the third.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Somebody call me when the Peter Bondra/Sergei Gonchar/Joey Juneau/Adam Oates/Craig Berube/Mike Eagles/Olaf Kolzig Capitals uniforms make their return...

#FavoritestUniformsEver

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived