Dunkin' Donuts,err wait just Dunkin'

Dilbert

The rebrand of Dunkin' Donuts has been bandied about at the corporate level for years.

The corporate parent entity of Dunkin' Donuts changed its name to Dunkin' Brands, Inc. back in 2004. A year later, the corporate parent adopted the name Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. According to one of my close friends who worked in the marketing division of Dunkin' Brands Group for nearly a decade, corporate executives have been considering changing the name of the coffee-and-donut chain to Dunkin' since at least 2006 or 2007.    

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont like the name change, it would go a long way to people associating as more than just a donut shop. Every now and then my wife will pick up donuts from Dunkin and they just arent good. It makes me not want to try the rest of their menu if their namesake item is so lackluster.

I dont mind the name change. Ive been calling them Dunkin for years.  I dont see it as a big deal. I mean If McDonalds Australia can officially branded as Maccas, then Dunkin Donuts can be branded as just Dunkin.

Signature intentionally left blank

Name change doesn't bother me in the least, especially since they have fairly bad donuts (depends on the location whether they'll be stale garbage) while people tend to like their coffee and breakfast sandwich offerings. The logo, however, leaves a lot to be desired. I love the pink and orange scheme and they've lost their perfect balance with the rebrand, at least with that iteration of the logo on white.

On 9/25/2018 at 7:20 PM, Brass said:

There goes the surefire way to tell if someone was from outside of New England when they would call it "Dunkin' Donuts."

Grew up here in Ft. Worth... part of the 4th largest metropolitan area in the nation... I think I've only seen THREE Dunkin' Donuts my entire 28 years of living here with one of them being in Ft. Worth. I haven't even seen ads for Dunkin' Donuts in DFW until just a month ago. 

That would be a problem, at least on this side of the Metroplex. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Their donuts are good down here (especially the chocolate glazed ones). Honestly, I understand the change, because they've branched out more and more from just a "coffee and donuts store". 

I'm still calling them "Dunkin Donuts", though.

ExJworW.png

5 hours ago, the admiral said:

New Englanders' love affair with this chain confirms my suspicion that New England is the worst food region of America.

I’d say it’s possible bordering on probable that the food was better when the obsession began, and now the love for inoffensive parbaked garbage is toxic nostalgia for their “local” mega chain.

7 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

I’d say it’s possible bordering on probable that the food was better when the obsession began, and now the love for inoffensive parbaked garbage is toxic nostalgia for their “local” mega chain.

sounds like Timmies at this point.

Quality used to be SO much better before the BK takeover.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

30 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Bingo. It also doesn't help that it's basically the only option in a lot of places. Sure, you've got other fast food and the similarly overrated starbucks in places, and a few hyper-regional options like Honey Dew Donuts or Aroma Joe's. But there's a Dunkin' Donuts in pretty much literally every town in New England. If you're from a small town like I am (doesn't even have traffic lights, but has a Dunkin'), that's where you're going if you want a quick breakfast on the go. 

Also, Mid-Atlantic gave the world scrapple and chili with :censored:ing spaghetti. Now that area is a culinary wasteland.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

30 minutes ago, Lafarge said:

Bingo. It also doesn't help that it's basically the only option in a lot of places. Sure, you've got other fast food and the similarly overrated starbucks in places, and a few hyper-regional options like Honey Dew Donuts or Aroma Joe's. But there's a Dunkin' Donuts in pretty much literally every town in New England. If you're from a small town like I am (doesn't even have traffic lights, but has a Dunkin'), that's where you're going if you want a quick breakfast on the go. 

Also, Mid-Atlantic gave the world scrapple and chili with :censored:ing spaghetti. Now that area is a culinary wasteland.

Please make sure you know the difference between the mid-atlantic (PA, MD, DE and most agree to add VA and NY) and midwest, where that idiotic thing is from(Ohio)

though, scrapple is PA.

5qWs8RS.png

14 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

Please make sure you know the difference between the mid-atlantic (PA, MD, DE and most agree to add VA and NY) and midwest, where that idiotic thing is from(Ohio)

though, scrapple is PA.

Haha, my apologies. The more that I think about it, the more midwest is right. My confusion stems from living in central PA for nearly a decade, which I would argue, along with Western PA should be an honorary member of the Midwest, so I kinda lumped Ohio in there. (I do love pierogies though, good on the midwest for pirogies.)

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 minute ago, Lafarge said:

Haha, my apologies. The more that I think about it, the more midwest is right. My confusion stems from living in central PA for nearly a decade, which I would argue, along with Western PA should be an honorary member of the Midwest.

Having lived in Western PA, it's weird. I agree with you, but it's also not. It's like NY, both in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast but also neither.

5qWs8RS.png

Archived