2019/20 Club Soccer Kits

Teal

I’m very disappointed to hear this regarding Barça.

Barcelona scraps logo plans

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/10/barcelona-scraps-logo-plans.html?m=1

barcelona-scraps-logo-plans-2.jpg

This was a fantastic update to a logo that is starting to show its age. They brought it beautifully into the modern era and it could stand the test of time for another 100 years.

The loss of the internal black outlines was a big plus, and I was a fan of dropping the text. Not everything needs to be so literal. By dropping FCB, it gave them more room to show off the blaugrana stripes. My only critique, is that the red cross flag doesn’t follow the curvature of the crest.

Hopefully this is simply stalling since it’s put to a vote, and they come to their senses and adopt this soon.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I’m very disappointed to hear this regarding Barça.

Barcelona scraps logo plans

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/10/barcelona-scraps-logo-plans.html?m=1

barcelona-scraps-logo-plans-2.jpg

This was a fantastic update to a logo that is starting to show its age. They brought it beautifully into the modern era and it could stand the test of time for another 100 years.

The loss of the internal black outlines was a big plus, and I was a fan of dropping the text. Not everything needs to be so literal. By dropping FCB, it gave them more room to show off the blaugrana stripes. My only critique, is that the red cross flag doesn’t follow the curvature of the crest.

Hopefully this is simply stalling since it’s put to a vote, and they come to their senses and adopt this soon.

Is it possible they fear it's easier to rip off without the lettering?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

25 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Is it possible they fear it's easier to rip off without the lettering?

I don’t see how that would make the difference.

This sucks - that was a fantastic upgrade.   Juventus can go through with its terrible change but Barca gets cold feet with this old one?  Shame. 

I'm so glad they don't change. The updated crest looked like Pro Evolution Soccer didn't get the license of Barca. They should do just a mix between the two. Quick suggestion of mine:

f4wNcYg.png

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

There's two other things I don't like. Only two red stripes in the blue part just look wrong to me (reminds me of UD Levante somehow). The other issue for me is that the St-George's cross doesn't mirror the left side of the black border anymore and is basically just a square.

MJsoid9.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Be prepare for teamwear. I guess it might be this:

total-90-inspired-new-nike-2019-20-teamwear-kit+%252813%2529.jpg

I'd expect them to get the current Vapor template while the older teams get a newer version for Gold Cup, Copa America and possibly Nations League.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, Prince Harry said:

Canada actually looked unique with Umbro. Now they’re just gonna look like Poland.

One of Canada soccer legend is a man from Poznań named Tomasz Radziński so it's got sense :D

1 hour ago, zigbazah said:

Well, looky here! A Vaporknit shirt with stripes on the sleeves. No excuse that Barca and Inter still haven't received a proper home kit with this template.

But that isn't a vaporknit. San Lorenzo using dri-fit jerseys. :)

4r2eer.png

Archived