1981 NASL logo/uniform sheet

DG_ThenNowForever

Pulled from Reddit/MLS, here's a scan of NASL logos from the 1981 season from Italian magazine "Guerin sportivo."

0v0zzrgefmo11.jpg

It's a real shame the Cosmos couldn't ever play ball. NYCFC is great and all, but it would have been really nice to have the Cosmos in MLS.

Also, DIPS!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Even with Chinaglia on the Cosmos, NASL can't have been that big in Italy, right? What a beautiful little labor of love this page is.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Also, I guess there was an assumption that Jacksonville would change its name with the move, but they decided "Ah, screw it, 'Tea Men' plays pretty much anywhere "

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Some of those uniforms could still work today because they stick to the crest/number/room-for-a-sponsor formula (most notably the Cosmos, Timbers, Roughnecks and Aztecs).  Most of the rest would have to be changed substantially to get rid of the large wordmarks and logos . . . even without accounting for the completely different, non-traditional-soccer-crest logo style used in the NASL then.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

18 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Also, I guess there was an assumption that Jacksonville would change its name with the move, but they decided "Ah, screw it, 'Tea Men' plays pretty much anywhere "

If they did change, probably would've been the Jacksonville Sun or something like that. 

Archived