The Whalers Return! Hurricanes Announce Epic Throwback Uniforms

SportsLogos.Net News

14 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

When did the Arizona Cardinals wear Chicago Cardinals uniforms?

NFL 75th Anniversary season.

Didnt the Eagles throwback to the Frankfort Yellowjackets? I distinctly remember some ugly blue uniforms that were so bad they were actually kinda cool.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

19 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice uniform, but is this really that epic? I really hoped Tampa was going to be bringing back their "storm" jerseys the way icethetics and Chris hyped this up. That would've been epic.

I still have my hopes that the Lightning will still unveil the storm jersey....

14 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

NFL 75th Anniversary season.

Didnt the Eagles throwback to the Frankfort Yellowjackets? I distinctly remember some ugly blue uniforms that were so bad they were actually kinda cool.

No, the 1994 uniforms were throwbacks to the 1940s.

5369187.jpg

sep-1994-a-scuffle-breaks-out-during-a-g 

The Yellow Jacket throwbacks were 2007.

Philadelphia-Eagles-uniform-2007-Donovan

11 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Awesome. I love how they're wearing them IN Boston too. I thought it would be a cool Winter Classic or Stadium Series to have the Bruins vs. Canes (wearing these) in Foxboro. 

A Battle of New England Winter Classic would have been quaint had the Whalers stayed in town. Bruins-Whalers at Fenway in 2010 would be just close enough to the 2006 Stanley Cup and the 2009 somehow-go-deep-until-we-remembered-we're-playing-the-Penguins to feel relevant, but I'm aware of all the who's-to-says in there. I just remember feeling like on the heels on Hawks-Wings, they were really working overtime to sell me on a Bruins-Flyers rivalry that never truly existed because they were too cowardly to book Montreal.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The Yellow Jacket throwbacks were 2007.

Philadelphia-Eagles-uniform-2007-Donovan

Those were actually throwbacks to the original Eagles uniform in 1933, which may or may not have been inherited from Frankford when the purchased their assets from the league.  They were honoring their 75th anniversary (or season) as the Eagles. 

The Eagles have almost nothing to do with the Yellowjackets and don’t recognize Frankford in their history. Totally different teams/ franchises, and even a full season gap between them and no common players. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived