Bigred's CFL (Victoria added)

BigRed618

If you are think or going a different way with the helmet logo, this may be some inspiration.

back in 1961 Winnipeg had the W on the arms and a lightening bolts plus numbers on the helmet:

OKQ7VLV3JNFMTFMWOAIHF22WLE

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/17/2018 at 7:40 PM, greyraven8 said:

If you are think or going a different way with the helmet logo, this may be some inspiration.

back in 1961 Winnipeg had the W on the arms and a lightening bolts plus numbers on the helmet:

OKQ7VLV3JNFMTFMWOAIHF22WLE

I considered that actually, but I didn't want the Bombers to look like a discount LA Chargers.

SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS

sasRidersHome.png

sasRidersRoad.png

I wanted to make a new logo for the Riders, but I couldn't come up with anything that could measure up to what they have now. So I just came up with a pattern on the jersey based on the wheat stalks from the emblem, along with green and white options for every part of the uniform, in case they want to do a whiteout or greenout or what have you.

Let me know what you think. Stamps are up next.

19 hours ago, BigRed618 said:

I considered that actually, but I didn't want the Bombers to look like a discount LA Chargers.

Only other ideas that come to mind are a silhouette of a bomber plane [ possibly dropping bombs or football(s)].

or

WWII style plane bomb : with W inside it ? (maybe with football image inside ???)

or

Updating/modifying their old lightning W logo (with either instead incorporating the 'vintage' lightning or going a different way)

CFL_Blue_Bombers1.gif

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

20 hours ago, BigRed618 said:

SASKATCHEWAN ROUGH RIDERS

sasRidersHome.png

sasRidersRoad.png

I wanted to make a new logo for the Riders, but I couldn't come up with anything that could measure up to what they have now. So I just came up with a pattern on the jersey based on the wheat stalks from the emblem, along with green and white options for every part of the uniform, in case they want to do a whiteout or greenout or what have you.

Let me know what you think. Stamps are up next.

Colors remind too much of the NFL's NY Jets. I love how you incorporated the wheat symbol into the uniform design, but keep the Kelly Green & white color combination.

SK's striping looks really good, and I like the sublimated wheat idea, but I think you ought to reduce the opacity of the wheat and/or make the wheat smaller and/or make the pattern either vertical or horizontal. That way it'll match the otherwise classic, reserved tone of the striping.

Winnipeg's jerseys look good, and I like the idea of the logo, but it's awkwardly weighted to that left side. Still an improvement over the current, though!

Good work, per usual!

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I'll try to revisit the Bombers when I can.

CALGARY STAMPEDERS

cal-Stamps-Home.png

cal-Stamps-Road.png

For the Stamps, I try to give them the Detroit Lions treatment, a mix of new and old. The logo has enhanced details and is now more than just a silhouette. Black is done away with, and silver makes a return. Hope you guys like it. Eskimos are next.

On 10/20/2018 at 5:28 PM, BigRed618 said:

Interesting thought there. When I saw that picture, I immediately thought of a cross between Air Force and Michigan. Nothing about that uniform says "Chargers" to me. I can understand your thinking though.

On 10/23/2018 at 3:41 PM, BigRed618 said:

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I'll try to revisit the Bombers when I can.

CALGARY STAMPEDERS

cal-Stamps-Home.png

cal-Stamps-Road.png

For the Stamps, I try to give them the Detroit Lions treatment, a mix of new and old. The logo has enhanced details and is now more than just a silhouette. Black is done away with, and silver makes a return. Hope you guys like it. Eskimos are next.

Yes! Anybody else agree with me, that the Red/Silver combo is better than the Red/Black combo? The REDBLACKS should keep this color combo b/c of their team nickname.

The Stampeders' jerseys look really clean and classic; big improvement! The logo is a slight upgrade, too. A lot better without black, but I'd be curious to see a red-and-white only version!

Edmonton's set is alright. The yoke/striping is kinda interesting, and looks nice on the away. I'd go green pants on the away, though.

Nice job!

BRITISH COLUMBIA LIONS

bc-Lions-Home.png

bc-Lions-Road.png

bc-Lions-Alt.png

For the Lions, I make my own attempt at updating their logo. The cat was drawn by me and the lettering is based on their wordmark.

That's it for the league proper. I'll start on the extras next. If anyone has any name ideas for that Saskatoon club, I'd love to hear them.

That BC logo is really cool; the font is a lot cooler than the current, IMO. Works much better on the helmets than the current lion-head.

The jerseys are fine, but the sleeve and collar stripes are way too skinny, especially when paired with the thick pant stripes. I also don't think the wordmark needs the outlines.

Still, a big upgrade from BC's current look!

On 11/1/2018 at 8:12 PM, vtgco said:

That BC logo is really cool; the font is a lot cooler than the current, IMO. Works much better on the helmets than the current lion-head.

The jerseys are fine, but the sleeve and collar stripes are way too skinny, especially when paired with the thick pant stripes. I also don't think the wordmark needs the outlines.

Still, a big upgrade from BC's current look!

I disagree, the current lion's head with the stripes is way better than lion head/BC logo. Does everyone forget where the Lion's are from?

On 11/3/2018 at 3:18 AM, Tygers09 said:

I disagree, the current lion's head with the stripes is way better than lion head/BC logo. Does everyone forget where the Lion's are from?

They might be uncertain and confuse them with the NFL Lions ?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:05 PM, Wackyriderfan14 said:

Leave the Atlantic team till last. They are announcing a name on the 23rd. Once they do you should make a concept for that team name.

I honestly didn't know they were getting a team until I read this. I'll post it anyway, and if I'm wrong about the name, I can always make a new one.

ATLANTIC SCHOONERS

atl-Schooners-Home.png

atl-Schooners-Road.png

Kept things simple here. I fixed up the logo a bit so it looks more like an A and less like a Cyrillic letter Д.

Western Ontario is next.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:32 AM, Tygers09 said:

Is that old gold & black for the Schooners colors?

It is. I used the same logo and colors they would've used if they were allowed to exist in the early 80s.

VICTORIA ROYALS

vicRoyalsHome.png

vicRoyalsRoad.png

Decided to hold off on the Wyandots since that one's gonna take some work. I really wanted to make a gold helmet for the Royals, but I didn't want them to look too much like the Bombers. Feedback appreciated. Quebec City is next.

The Schooners look alright; you do a good job with that logo and color scheme, though I'd try to incorporate the waves on the jersey somewhere if I were you.

I like the idea behind Victoria, but the execution's a tad off. The city coat of arms V is cool, but I'd get rid of the front numbers, or move the V up if you wanted to do that. Using it to make a strange, red shoulder yoke might be cool! Also, the logo doesn't really read as a crown, it looks more like a plant or something.

I look forward to both QC and Western Ontario!

Archived