Bigred's CFL (Victoria added)

BigRed618

Not gonna lie, I've only been seriously following Canadian football for a few years, so I may not have the same relationship with these teams as some of you who are actually from Canada. But I will do my best to make decent concepts for these teams that look good and respect their history. 

EAST

x- Toronto Argonauts

x- Hamilton TigerCats

x- Montreal Alouettes

x- Ottawa RedBlacks

WEST

x- Winnipeg Blue Bombers

x- Saskatchewan Roughriders

x- Edmonton Eskimos

x- Calgary Stampeders

x- British Columbia Lions

EXTRA

x- Atlantic Schooners

- Marins Quebec

- Western Ontario Wyandots

- Saskatoon 

x- Victoria Royals

TORONTO ARGONAUTS

torArgosHome.png

torArgosRoad.png

torArgosThird.png

For North America's oldest pro sports club, the Argos, I kept it simple and classy. The modernized boat/ball logo is not mine, but it looked nice and I really wanted to use it. Feedback appreciated. I'll do Montreal next.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the boat as a patch on the chest, but not as much as a full jersey logo. I think all the navy and white options look good; the light blue pants' striping, while consistent, feels somewhat lacking comparatively. The A on its own works, though it's a tiny bit bland.

I look forward to the Alouettes! Hopefully, a retro logo is in store...

OTTAWA REDBLACKSottRedblacksHome.png

ottRedblacksRoad.png

Nothing too special here, just wanted to give them a more timeless look, since Ottawa football is a tradition almost as old as Toronto football. 

Also, I have a list of teams I plan to do, including the current 9 teams of the CFL, plus 7 fantasy teams, including the failed expansion team, the Atlantic Schooners. If any of you have suggestions for names for the other teams I have planned, I’d like to hear them.

TiCats are next.

That Ottawa home is amazing! Is the helmet supposed to be a stylized R?

The away is a bit lacking; the white and gray stripes look a bit odd.

Also, Montreal's striping is great and matches the logo really well, especially the away. Good choice for the font.

Really good work!

20 hours ago, vtgco said:

That Ottawa home is amazing! Is the helmet supposed to be a stylized R?

The away is a bit lacking; the white and gray stripes look a bit odd.

Also, Montreal's striping is great and matches the logo really well, especially the away. Good choice for the font.

Really good work!

That's actually a wing-like design based on the paneling of an old-school leather helmet. This design was made famous by the University of Michigan's football team, and to a lesser extent, Princeton. It’s meant to give it a timeless look, like this is a team that’s been around for decades, even though it technically hasn’t.

I like Hamilton a lot, but I don't think the white chunks on the home are necessary. The pants & sock stripes are great!

Also, thanks for the info on Ottawa's helmet. It looks good, with or without that context!

I really like the addition of the blue pants...

i think you have also pretty much covered exactly what the new Montreal template is going to end up looking like.. 

i like the design 

the logo took a few seconds to adjust to but it’s def original... 

I’m gonna have to pass on that Bombers logo... that’s just a little too unusual. I know their logo is a pretty bland collegiate W but even when they tried to spruce it up in the 90s by adding the lightning ball, they at least kept the same vibe. Having said that I think the uniforms are pretty good.

Archived