SportsLogos.Net News

The 2018 MLB Tiebreaker Logos

Why do they even make these logos?

Well I guess if you're making all the other postseason logos it's not that hard to make these but if there ever was an unnecessary logo this is it. 

Designers did a great job typing the word "Tiebreaker" in Bank Gothic and then doin' some chrome stuff

You know, if you swapped the team logos out for Gibbs and DiNozzo and Abby I’d think this was the DVD cover for an NCIS season

Great postseason logo for games that count as regular season for some reason.

9 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Why do they even make these logos?

Well I guess if you're making all the other postseason logos it's not that hard to make these but if there ever was an unnecessary logo this is it. 

These games got a huge amount of play on social media.  Baseball would have been incredibly foolish not to include them in the postseason package. 

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

These games got a huge amount of play on social media.  Baseball would have been incredibly foolish not to include them in the postseason package. 

From a branding perspective, you're absolutely right, but I have to admit, the pedant in me is annoyed by the fact that these logos are part of the postseason package, but are for what's technically a regular season game.

Playoff logo package for a non playoff game. Weird.

Also, how would they even get to a Wild Card tiebreaker? I really don’t get Baseball sometimes.

13 hours ago, Lee Noire said:

Also, how would they even get to a Wild Card tiebreaker? I really don’t get Baseball sometimes.

What's not to understand? 

The top records in each division get a playoff spot.  Once those three teams are removed, the two clubs with the next best records each get a Wild Card spot. 

If there are two teams in that position with identical records, they have a one-game playoff to decide which one will advance.