Islanders Alternate Concept

NoE38_Concepts

The New Islanders Alternate isn't bad, it just doesn't have anything special going for it. I've been a fan of the Isles' previous Brooklyn alts, so I tried to make my own version of their black jerseys. The main feature of this set is the white yoke that extends down to a simple blue and orange striping pattern, which is repeated on the hem. The former Brooklyn Americans' jersey was the main inspiration for this design.

USprCIq.jpg

What do you think? C&C welcome.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

As an Isles fan, let me just say this...

Nopenopenopenopenope.

The idea is good, but the Islanders fanbase has been historically conservative when it comes to jersey designs. Like, after your management forcefeeds you the fisherman jerseys, pumpkin jerseys, original Edge jerseys, the first black jerseys, and black Brooklyn alts, what do you expect? That's why the new alt is so basic, the new management finally got their heads out of their asses and didn't :censored: around with the jerseys.

Your concept would be good in a vacuum, but black is just not an Islanders color, and it shouldn't be. Plus, your jersey just has too much white in it when compared to the other colors. Either commit to black and white, or only use white as an accent.

Also, sorry if I came across as mean. I'd get rid of the shoulder striping, and then it'd be a pretty nice looking jersey.

I like it; the NYC flag striping works pretty well, and it's a lot better than the Islanders' previous BFBS alts.

I think the yoke is kinda unnecessary, so maybe just a white collar with blue trim?

Otherwise, a good take on a black Islanders jersey.

Archived