Heavy's NFL D League **Team 8 Updated**

heavybass

With the firm belief that one day the NCAA will have a scandal that will force itself to disband... the NFL would have a crisis on it's hands as they would be forced to create a developmental league for not only their freshmen but also no way for dropped players to play vital games whilst recovering/sidelined.

So the NFL in this universe of mine came up with a D league that consists of roughly 128 teams allowing each of the 64 members to choose from 1 in the US and 1 from the Europa/Carisol block... yes I'll explain, the NFL sees upcomers from Europe, Central America, Caribbean and South America as viable options to relieve a much cash strapped league without having to spend much.

The following is paramount to said developmental league:

20k - 30k stadium max
No sponsorships from Nike, Adidas etc, only NFL backing
TV coverage by ESPN

So the leagues are the following:

National Developmental Division ((teams belonging to the NFC))
American Developmental Division ((teams belonging to the AFC))
Europa Developmental Division ((teams that are from Europe))
Carisol Developmental Division ((teams that are from the Caribbean, Central and South America... Venezuela is excluded))

No teams in Africa and Asia though ((Japan has enough baseball to last a lifetime.)) and neither in the Oceania block so no Australia.

That being said... I shall offer the first team that will play in the fictional NDL... and it's a team that belongs to the Dallas Cowboys after buying the naming rights from the Brooklyn Beats.

LIST OF TEAMS

NDD
Forth Worth Bulls (Dallas Cowboys)
Richmond Rebels (Washington Redskins)

San Jose SaberCats (San Francisco 49ers)
Anaheim Dire Wolves (Los Angeles Rams)

ADD

Rochester Roosters (Buffalo Bills)
Fort Lauderdale Hammers (Miami Dolphins)

Wheeling Ironmen (Pittsburgh Steelers)

Fort Wayne Fusion (Indianapolis Colts)

EDD

CDD

FORTH WORTH BULLS (NDD)

Original club: Dallas Cowboys

HOME

uQanxbjl.png16NFWjel.png

ROAD
oh6kBoYl.pngJiYWxZKl.png

ALTERNATIVE
j7dxTZVl.png

NFL NIGHT
iUb7AqHl.png

Team Motto: Take the Game by the Horns

I think you should pick only one shade of gold for your regular home and road uniforms, and make the other shade as a trim color. I suggest that the darker gold is the primary gold, while the yellow (ehem, athletic gold) is the trim color.

The stripes are missing on the front and the back view of the jerseys, you can add 'em on your next teams, as this is for consistency. You know, there are some members of this forum that are so concerned about consistency, and I'm probably one of them.

15 minutes ago, edjb93 said:

I think you should pick only one shade of gold for your regular home and road uniforms, and make the other shade as a trim color. I suggest that the darker gold is the primary gold, while the yellow (ehem, athletic gold) is the trim color.

The stripes are missing on the front and the back view of the jerseys, you can add 'em on your next teams, as this is for consistency. You know, there are some members of this forum that are so concerned about consistency, and I'm probably one of them.

I can just make the adjustments easily... so ditch the yellow and keep the darker gold?

Hey @HeavybassX looks like you've spun off the Expansion Concept thread to focus on the Minor Leagues for the NFL, I'm going to look forward to go along with the thread with more suggestions including some from the Companion Expansion Concept Thread

City - Affilate

Eugene, OR - Portland River Hogs
Knoxville, TN - Memphis Steamers
Reno, NV - Las Vegas Raiders
San Jose, CA - San Francisco 49ers
Stockton, CA - Sacramento Gold Miners

Tulsa, OK - Oklahoma City Bison

3 minutes ago, stratonascar said:

Hey @HeavybassX looks like you've spun off the Expansion Concept thread to focus on the Minor Leagues for the NFL, I'm going to look forward to go along with the thread with more suggestions including some from the Companion Expansion Concept Thread

City - Affilate

Eugene, OR - Portland River Hogs
Knoxville, TN - Memphis Steamers
Reno, NV - Las Vegas Raiders
San Jose, CA - San Francisco 49ers
Stockton, CA - Sacramento Gold Miners

Tulsa, OK - Oklahoma City Bison

Actually it's co-exisiting with the other thread....

1 minute ago, heavybassX said:

Actually it's co-exisiting with the other thread....

#GoodIdea, It Will Co-Exist with more suggestions like Grand Rapids, MI want to affiliate the Detroit Lions, And if a Parent Thread will have a New NFL Team in San Diego, CA (despite the Chargers are now in Los Angeles) they could add a Minor League Team in Tijuana, Mexico, etc.

So the next team is completed and we're going to go to the ADD for this one... for I don't want this to be just teams that clubs can buy names from one another... sometimes it's about the history and the local presence of team spirit and hometown heroes and this next team is the resurrection of an old team that played in the 60's but of course they have found new life as the affliate team for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Luckily this was a quick job as the Steelers ever used three colours in their history so what I did was add in the Steel Grey to give the Ironmen a distinction which is common because their rivals are also resurrected old teams from the past but they will be revealed in due time.

Time to reveal team 2, the first of the ADD and that team is the...

WHEELING IRONMEN (ADD)

Original club: Pittsburgh Steelers

HOME

A50Itcpl.pngHbP2FvAl.png

ROAD
4KTIL6yl.pngGqaTLhQl.png

ALTERNATE
IW7JuVhl.png

NFL NIGHT

ph8H3Fvl.png

TEAM MOTTO: WE CAN WIN IN 60 MINUTES

1 minute ago, Pengin. said:

I really like the bulls logo. Not sure if I like the W I monogram. 

It's the original logo for the original Ironmen... you can google it and that's what shows up... I figured I followed suit.

EDIT: I might improve it a little.

This team is fulled Fusion... a mix of odd colours into one purpose, to carry themselves onto the field and win the football game.

FORT WAYNE FUSION (ADD)

Original Club: Indianapolis Colts

HOME

XRrnlmFl.png oV5OOVVl.png

ROAD
dUmqfDNl.pngU2oyJXJl.png

ALTERNATE

UEQftdhl.png

NFL NIGHT

8wkPu23l.png

MOTTO: WE ARE THE PERFECT BLEND

Now you may of noticed the Colts looking different... well in this future of mine, the Colts have had a redesign of their uniforms wanting to shake off their conservatism... and it worked for a time as they ended up a dominant force in the AFC again but they stuttered recently due to the NCAA incident.

Looks like no one was watching the reveal of the Pistons... oh well I better plow forward, today I unveil the first rival team of the Forth Worth Bulls as they are the affiliate team of the Cowboys then the following is the affiliate team for the Washington Redskins and no better place to put said team in the home of two revolutions... one for the American and the other for the Confederacy... it's the city of Richmond honoring two different rebellions in it's history.

Say hello to...

EDIT: New logo added.

RICHMOND REBELS (NDD)

Original club: Washington Redskins

HOME

LXh67j3l.pngpM38rAgl.png

ROAD
GC0e7FOl.pnggs9gVpdl.png

ALTERNATE
HYzM6vBl.png

NFL NIGHT
W2jbuGRl.png

MOTTO: REBELLING AGAINST THE FOE

You really should pick only one color on the numbers on the white uniforms, for consistency's sake, unless you want to enforce either the "Ole Miss rule" or the "Georgia Tech rule", if you know what I mean... ?

It's much better if you recolor the NFL night helmet logos according to their respective parent teams.

I'd probably agree with @stratonascar when it comes to Fort Wayne's name, unless the Detroit Pistons' management would give the team permission to use the "Pistons" moniker. Remember the Vegas Golden Knights' name fiasco. Design-wise, do the jerseys evoke a piston?

What's the font that you used on the Rebels' jersey numbers? I've been wanting to use that for my design "projects", not just only on my concepts I post on this forum.

Archived