Which MLB Playoff Team Has the Best Uniform?

Which MLB Playoff Team Has the Best Uniform?

October 3, 2018 - 18:16 PM

That’s the question we all really wanna know this time of year, isn’t it? Starting last night and running throughout the next couple of weeks we’ll be holding polls on our Twitter account to determine which team of the two […]

Read More...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If teams are forced to live and die with their primary home uniforms here, then all I can hope is that the Brewers fare much better in the actual playoffs.

Also, another thing you'll never hear me say in the actual playoffs... GO DODGERS! ?

BOS - Home is great; away is good.

HOU - Solid, but a bit generic.

CLE - Boring caps, and generic away uniform.

NYY - One of the best home uniforms, but one of the most boring away uniforms (though I still like them).

OAK - Unique color scheme and great uniforms.

MIL - Dated uniforms and... what's their color scheme again?

LAD - Great all-around.

ATL - Solid, but that's about it.

CHC - Away is pretty 'meh'.

COL - Too much black and not enough purple.

1st - Oakland A's

2nd - Los Angeles Dodgers

3rd - Boston Red Sox

6 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Wrong.  They had a terrible road uniform until they resculed it with the white outlines.

They went from wearing wet paper bags...

Image result for bobby murcer 1969

...to wearing a sharp and dignified set.

Related image

I have the exact opposite opinion. I don't think the outline is neccessary (but I also don't think it's the worst thing ever). But the sleeve cuffs need to go. I know it's become sort of their thing now, but I still don't think it fits the brand.

5 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

The postseason patch is murdering the A's uniforms

Same thing with the Rockies. Did they not get the memo to remove the anniversary patch? The right sleeve is so cluttered. Oh god, what about when the Rockies wear their vest? That's gonna look really bad. 

XM4KeeA.png

A lot of good ones here. Yankees, Red Sox, and Dodgers have classic sets. A's have modern classics. Braves...not quite as good but still a solid and longstanding uniform. Rockies could use more purple, but aside from that I've always liked their overall look. Cubs generally look good but should wear grey more often. 

Astros look pretty generic, but at least they have orange to set them apart a bit. Indians combine generic look with a generic color scheme. Brewers...they have one of those looks that I've never really either loved or hated. Too dull, but at the same time I sort of like their shade of gold and their logo and script. 

Overall...I'll take Dodgers for best, Indians for worst.

A's - Green and gold is gorgeous and they use it so well. It's a shame they are getting knocked out right away.

Astros - Perfect rebrand, and the emphasis on orange is GREAT.

Dodgers - They look great and the matte helmets are fantastic for them.

Braves - Just a solid as hell set.

Cubs - Same, could be swapped with Atlanta.

Red Sox - Bumped down mostly because I hate them. They fixed the roads when they went back to red script. Alts suck though.

Indians - Mess of an identity, but they stay afloat because I love them as a team and the homes are still beautiful.

Yankees - Pinstripes are ugly but objectively they have a good, traditional look.

Brewers - Also a bit of a mess but actually underrated in terms of Brewer's identities.

Rockies - Great colors, horrible execution with over emphasis on black. Never liked their look.

I'd pick the Dodgers and Yanks in a traditional sense. But Oakland and Colorado get my vote for most unique uniforms. 

Come to think of it, most of the playoff teams have pretty good uniforms. Except for the Brewers and Indians.

Archived