Which MLB Playoff Team Has the Best Uniform?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Braves would be my #1 if they hadn't gone away from the red brimmed hats on the road.  Also they wear their blue alternate too often.  I expect to see it once or twice this postseason.

Related imageRelated image

Because of this I'll go Red Sox

The red brim makes such a huge difference. 

1. Yankees

2. Dodgers

3. Red Sox

4. Athletics

5. Cubs

6. Astros

7. Indians

8. Braves

9. Rockies

10. Brewers

If the Brewers went back to their rightful royal blue and athletic gold, they'd at least shoot up to #7 on this list.

Pretty solid crop of uniforms there. The Rockies' Times New Roman font bothers me a ton, and the Brewers are painfully dated at this point. Outside of that, all strong sets.

So here's where I am on Colorado...a few years ago I wouldn't have said this, but seeing these uniforms now, and the fact that they're pretty much unchanged since their inception, I'd say they're pretty close to "icon" status now--at least the road grays are, because of how prominent the purple is. Aside from the caps, I don't think they have any black on those uniforms at all outside of that sleeve patch.

Now the homes...this is where problems come into play. I see why they go with black-based NOB and numbers, but if they would simply outline them with purple rather than gray/silver, it would improve the look tons. It'd also sync up much better with the purple-painted black cap (that they should use with the home sets too, IMO). As they are now, they're a near-facsimile of the White Sox.

As for their CR logo and chest script fonts...at this point they may as well keep it, maybe just slightly retool it some.  But I think they really need to make those chest scripts black outlined with purple, as well...that silver just gets lost from a distance. I'm cool with the purple alternates.

They do that and they we'll end up having probably my second-favorite full uniform set in the bigs.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Braves getting rid of the red-brimmed hats on the road is one of those mind-numbing changes that make no sense to me, much like the White Sox getting rid of the diamond sock patch on their sleeve.  The all blue hat for the Braves simply looks mismatched/misplaced with the rest of the uni now.  It looks like a remnant of their early 80s unis.  It doesn't match, and it drives me crazy.

Moon logic: if the Expos don't exist anymore, they can never be excluded from the postseason, and are therefore a valid option. The '94 Expos will haunt every October.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

21 minutes ago, JanW said:

Are the names and numbers on MLB jerseys still sewn on, or have they switched to heat seal application?

Based on what I see on TV, it seems like names and numbers are still sewn on. (Probably because its a traditional look more than anything else).

Yankees home and Dodgers home are the only perfect uniforms here. Everything else, I could improve upon, in my opinion: vertical arches on the Braves, no white on the Yanks' roads, the whole Astros set is a bummer

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 10/8/2018 at 5:12 PM, the admiral said:

Yankees home and Dodgers home are the only perfect uniforms here. Everything else, I could improve upon, in my opinion: vertical arches on the Braves, no white on the Yanks' roads, the whole Astros set is a bummer

The Astros have one of the best sets in baseball.  The only thing that could improve them would be a contrasting front number.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

• 3 weeks later...

Why are the Red Sox so obsessed with their awful alternate jerseys? They are wearing blue tonight in the World Series after wearing red at home THREE times in the ALDS and ALCS. You have a nice looking/traditional home and away set, and this is how you dress on the sport's biggest stage? Ugh. I don't get it.

48 minutes ago, Curtos07 said:

Why are the Red Sox so obsessed with their awful alternate jerseys? They are wearing blue tonight in the World Series after wearing red at home THREE times in the ALDS and ALCS. You have a nice looking/traditional home and away set, and this is how you dress on the sport's biggest stage? Ugh. I don't get it.

It’s the same jersey in blue.

Archived