Penguins 3rd

45 minutes ago, joekono said:

I want on my tombstone "Reebok destroyed hockey jersey hem stripes". Well, they've looked like pajamas now so maybe John Tavares likes them. No one does hockey jerseys better than CCM.

I believe Nike deserves proper credit with their 2006 Swift uniforms.

ac1afb5fa03c9516.jpg

canada_2006_jersey_red_big.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Beantown77 said:

They screwed up the shoulders. Should have been gold:

Penguins14.png

No striping on the collar. And that sleeve striping is straight out of something you'd find at Target.

Terrible execution.

It's not meant to be a throwback.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

Now is that 'triangle' really necessary?  Myself, I think not.  

I've always thought the triangle was a nod to the three rivers.and the city's triangle-ish shape.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 hours ago, AndrewG70 said:

The font is not normal, at least in this pic. The 5 is narrower than the 8.

By normal I mean is not stencil like on Stadium Series jersey. :)

Btw, Pens also removing a bottom stripe compare to Series, which for me wasn't a good move.

4r2eer.png

So the stadium humped the 84 alt and we got this frankenjersey? It’s ok. Glad they went gold. I would have had sleeve numbers to mirror the current set and they need the triangle cause like previously mentioned, it’s the merge of the three rivers. Those would be my perfect changes, but I’ll take it as a pens fan. At least it’s new and something that fits which is more than I can say for most of the thirds. 

EDIT- didn’t see no hem stripes so that’s another downgrade for me. Just wished it was a color swap.

KISSwall09.jpg

7 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

Now is that 'triangle' really necessary?  Myself, I think not.  

For example . . . I always felt the Sabres sweater could look so much better if the Bison and the swords weren't subject to having to fit inside that circle.

Kinda too clip art-ee to me . . .  I like the Penguins ? logo just as it sits on their 3rd sweater, I just would've preferred the original sky blue as mentioned prior.

The triangle represents downtown Pittsburgh, where they play. So, it does have meaning.

It's fine. But yea the hem stripe would enhance it. It looks a bit too empty much like the Devils home and roads. Not terrible, just not as good as it should've been

What they say(or at least what they told Devils fans) is eliminating the hem stripe draws more attention to the great logo. To me personally it just brings the eye down to notice the strange empty space where something should be

22 hours ago, Placebo said:

The triangle represents downtown Pittsburgh, where they play. So, it does have meaning.

The things I learn on this chat forum, amazing.  It's better than attending Sports Logos University.

Okay . . . Perhaps put the triangle on the sleeve(s), like the White Sox once did with their white stocking logo.

Separating the triangle from the Skating Penguin gives it the long deserved freedom to do it's own thing, and that I do like.

Agree with 'Bayne' who said "ugh, a yellow helmet, not a fan"  LoL ? . . and 'demondg1' . .  

I do agree that the helmet ought to be black, and the sweater definitely appears lacking without a hem-stripe.

I don't mind it, but it could certainly be better. The sleeves look very empty and I agree that there should be a hem stripe. In fact, the Pens' AA team, the Wheeling Nailers unveiled there new alternate based off this one and IMO it's better than the Pens' one. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived