Light Blue, Teal, Aqua, Carolina Blue, Powder Blue......

I can't do it visually but I'll give you the RGB values per trucolor.net (formerly ColorWerx):

Titans blue (actual name):

65-143-222

Teal (Jaguars) - evidently unchanged from last set:

0-98-114

Aqua (Dolphins):

0-140-149

Powder blue (Chargers):

0-114-206

Panther blue (Carolina, of course):

0-133-202

And, for good measure, the Eagles' shade of TEAL that they call midnight green:

0-72-81

thank you.  very interesting.  So here's my follow up question.......why would a NFL franchise want to be so "indistinguishable" from another in it's color scheme?  In the league....your brand is your money.  Have any of these teams played each other in a game where they both wore the predominant "blue"?  Seems like it would be a mess.

I don't think it's as much of a mess as you'd think. These are probably the most egregious examples of these team colors being too similar. I still think they each have something that sets them apart. Predominantly black or navy teams play eachother all the time and nobody complains.

9660009-brice-mccain-melvin-gordon-nfl-tEP-308179942.jpgtitans-vs-dolphins-live-game-updates-mus

I knew the Dolphins' aqua was closer to blue than green, though I don't believe it's always been like that. In some lighting, it looked near seafoam during the 90's, but again, it's lighting so I'm not entirely sure.

agree. we have "Carolina Blue" that can mean "Tar Heel Blue" or "Panther Blue".  and going back to the 1st time around w Hornets "teal" how folks would call it aqua.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

In the 70's, the California Seals called this "Pacific Blue".  Unusual shoulder stripes for a hockey uniform.  When I went to see them play the Islanders at the Coliseum, a security guard said, "here come the Miami Dolphins" as they were coming up the ramp onto the ice.

gardner-dave-75-76-golden-seals_orig.jpg

On 10/11/2018 at 2:48 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

The Color Werx version of powder blue looks kinda dark.  Maybe it's lighter in pictures because of lighting or sun?

There’s a difference between the team colors used in websites, the team colors used in print applications, and the team colors used in fabrics.  Sometimes the difference is subtle, other times less so. 

Archived