American Patriot League

CrimsonBull9584

https://www.news-journalonline.com/sports/20181009/daytona-getting-team-in-new-pro-football-league

http://aplfootball.us

So... this is a joke right? I work in Daytona Beach and I spoke to a guy who works for DME, who runs Daytona Stadium. He told me about this when I was bringing up the AAF in conversation. As soon as he told me I was skeptical since I hadn't heard about it, nor has anyone in the industry that I'm in informed me. So I looked it up and.... this is a joke right? Seriously, everyone involved with this, according to the article is the brother of someone famous from the NFL lol. I mean come on! Also, a rule about not keeling? That is a joke. But what really gets me is that Daytona Stadium is suppose to be a pro stadium. Daytona Stadium has been around since the 70s, barely holds 10,000 people, the locker rooms are half the size of standard FBS or FCS locker rooms and the stadium is in desperate need of repairs. Daytona Stadium, frankly, is a high end high school stadium, has no business being an FCS stadium and never in a million years would I consider it to be a pro football stadium. I don't know what they are selling here, but this league seems like it won't get off the ground at all and if it does, it will not last a full season. I just can't take this league seriously after 1) reading the article 2) going to their website and 3) knowing what I know of Daytona Stadium. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Also, a rule about not keeling?

Joke or not, that alone tells me (along with the name of the league) that this is trying to market itself to the same "'Murica" crowd that the revived XFL is.

2 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

Yet another reason why sane, mature football fans should just stick with the NFL.

While we're at it, remember the All American Basketball Alliance?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-American_Basketball_Alliance_(2010)

"I swear, it's totally not about race at all. We're just going to ensure the game is played the way 'whites' like it, that's all!"

5 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

Yet another reason why sane, mature football fans should just stick with the NFL.

While we're at it, remember the All American Basketball Alliance?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-American_Basketball_Alliance_(2010)

Don Lewis, the founder of the AABA and formerly a Georgia-based boxing and wrestling promoter,[1] responded by saying that he did not "hate anyone of color" but that he felt that white people should be given their own league to play "fundamental basketball, which they like" instead of the "street ball" he said is played by nonwhites.[2]He claimed that "white basketball players are essentially 'shut out' of conventional professional basketball due to the proliferation of non-organized play on the court"[1] and cited Gilbert Arenas' suspension for bringing guns into the Washington Wizards' locker room as an example of the way basketball was being run, commenting "That's the culture today, and in a free country we should have the right to move ourselves in a better direction." Lewis claimed to have received threats from people opposed to the AABA's whites-only policy. Besides Augusta, several other cities warned Lewis and the AABA to "stay out of town".[2][8] Because of the negative attention toward the league, Don Lewis' nephew Ralph said that the physical address of its Atlanta, Georgia office would not be made public.[9]

he's obviously has never heard of the Euro Leagues where they are a bit more structured than the NBA.

21 hours ago, dfwabel said:

So Bob Golic has aligned himself with a second alt-football league?

Since 2015, he's been named as the holder of the Ohio franchise for Matt Brown's ASFL.

http://asflfootball.blogspot.com/2015/03/asfl-bob-golic-joins-asfl.html?m=1

http://www.asfl.biz/faq.html

Actually...  third.  He was introduced to me once at a conference call for one of the two leagues that tried to enlist me onto their boards.  Can't remember if it was the "new" USFL or the A-11, though, but I definitely remember him.

nav-logo.png

On 10/12/2018 at 6:42 PM, Mac the Knife said:

Actually...  third.  He was introduced to me once at a conference call for one of the two leagues that tried to enlist me onto their boards.  Can't remember if it was the "new" USFL or the A-11, though, but I definitely remember him.

Golic was one of the former NFL players that Jamie Cuadra - the league's president and CEO - touted as being involved in the new USFL. 

23 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

Golic was one of the former NFL players that Jamie Cuadra - the league's president and CEO - touted as being involved in the new USFL. 

Yep.  I remember it now.  Cuadra chaired the one and only conference call I was involved in regarding the 'new USFL.'  They spent two hours talking about a whole slew of things - league vision, branding, how they were going to take the mantel from the original league and run with it, etc., etc.  I had interjected a few thoughts here and there which evidently made me seem smart, and at the end of the conference call they offered me and two others slots on their Board of Directors.  The other two accepted without hesitation.  I then asked the two questions that everyone in the call either didn't bother to ask or didn't have anything resembling an answer to:

1. What is the source of your initial capital for this venture, and where do you plan to seek the additional capital you're ultimately going to need in order to bring this thing to fruition?    Followed by...
  2. What revenue and expense projections have you done for the first five years, and how do you plan to make up for the inevitable shortfalls when they come?

When those questions were met with coughs, silence, and "Uh, we're working on that" with no specifics?  That was the end of my involvement.  I don't even think I stuck around to the actual end of the call.

nav-logo.png

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Sounds like a trivia question from the future: “In what year did Alabama have two minor-league pro football teams?”

Nah, who am I kidding?  This league’ll never play a game.  

Ladd Peebles Stadium holds 40,000.  That's not going to look good playing in front of 100 people. 

Let's see there's:

AAF

XFL 2.0

APL

ASFL (if that ever gets off the ground)

SLAF (if that ever gets off the ground)

MLFB (if that ever gets off the ground)

Pac-Pro (no news on that for months)

The Spring League

Throw them all in a battle royal to the death

Your winner of the "Non-NFL Outdoor Football League Battle Royal to the Death" is:

The Canadian Football League

They plan to start in Feb. 2019 with 10 teams yet they have two teams announce and it took over a month and a half to go from one to two?

APL:

giphy.gif

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Archived