CrimsonBull9584

American Patriot League

I dunno if we've mentioned this in the XFL thread or in this one...

But one question I feel we are ignoring is who exactly is this American Patriot League and the XFL are trying to appeal to and why?

We talked a lot about this in the XFL and AAF threads, and the answer is “Who the hell knows”?

Identifying a niche in the marketplace is usually one of the first things a new business does, but there’s no indication that any of these new minor leagues have done any thinking beyond “Americans love the NFL = Americans will support any pro football”.

Wasn’t part of it that they were marketing to hillbillies that were all about standing for the flag and reciting the pledge of allegiance during every time out?

That’s certainly the inference we’ve drawn. But that’s a temper tantrum, not a business model. 

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

That’s certainly the inference we’ve drawn. But that’s a temper tantrum, not a business model. 

Since 2010, the world has shown a temper tantrum is a very effective organizational model. Sells lot of ugly merchandise too.

Shreveport, Mobile, and Daytona Beach seem geographically reasonable... how in the heck is this league gonna pay for teams to travel to and from Sacramento?!

must...resist...urge...to...merge...all...spring league threads...into...one...joke thread

I was thinking Spring Football Slapfight.

20 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

must...resist...urge...to...merge...all...spring league threads...into...one...joke thread

I was thinking Spring Football Slapfight.

A Non-NFL Football League Battle Royal Death match as I stated on the first page.