New Indians uniform for 2019??

zoogs44

I'm a long time member but usually only a lurker , and I really enjoy all the content here...  I just stumbled across something on MLB the show18 and I'm wondering if there is any validity to this uni, and if not where did it come from? I personally hope its not, not only did they take wahoo away but they took their entire identity away... This looks like its trying to be a Yankee rip off and falling short of that...  Let me know what you think.  I have a few photos I'd like to post but I'm a novice and im having a hard time, if anyone could help?

https://imgur.com/ucw5FsN https://imgur.com/plhAP5b

1 hour ago, zoogs44 said:

I'm a long time member but usually only a lurker , and I really enjoy all the content here...  I just stumbled across something on MLB the show18 and I'm wondering if there is any validity to this uni, and if not where did it come from? I personally hope its not, not only did they take wahoo away but they took their entire identity away... This looks like its trying to be a Yankee rip off and falling short of that...  Let me know what you think.  I have a few photos I'd like to post but I'm a novice and im having a hard time, if anyone could help?

Does it have pinstripes? It could be a throwback or an alternate

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

2 hours ago, zoogs44 said:

In order to post images upload the images to imgur and then link them here.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I would expect them to avoid pinstripes as a primary uniform. The big rival for years was the Yankees and now their two division rivals, Chicago and Minnesota wear them too. Nike might try something crazy for them if they take over next year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I don’t have my copy with me right now so I can’t turn it on and see, but I swear those are throwback options on The Show 17 that are from 1920 or something like that. I’m very positive this is just an error of some sort. 

EDIT: can’t link the picture for some reason, but Dressed to the Nines database shows the Indians wearing an identical uniform in 1919. It’s possible, I suppose, that the Indians could always unveil something inspired by that, but my best bet is it’s just a throwback option in the game that was mislabeled.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

25 minutes ago, the admiral said:

al_1919_cleveland.gif

I Appreciate all the feedback guys , maybe the developers of The Show used that 1919 throwback as almost like a placeholder, knowing they're getting something new for next year ??  It sure does look like a modern version of that 1919 uni...

7 minutes ago, zoogs44 said:

I Appreciate all the feedback guys , maybe the developers of The Show used that 1919 throwback as almost like a placeholder, knowing they're getting something new for next year ??  It sure does look like a modern version of that 1919 uni...

Nah, this is just including a throwback on its 100th anniversary with bad labelling. This does highlight my issue with The Show's inability to properly replicate midnight blue. The Red Sox hats look black just like these do.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 hour ago, zoogs44 said:

Not it's just the 1919 throwback in MLB 2018.

Nothing more.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Correct. But it’s so typical of that game’s complete lack of attention to detail those are marked as ‘19 and not 1919. 

That’s how they mark every throwback. If a team has the 1998 uniforms as an option in the game, it’s listed as home/road ‘98. it’s not lack of attention to detail, that’s just being consistent in how they list them

21 minutes ago, jn8 said:

That’s how they mark every throwback. If a team has the 1998 uniforms as an option in the game, it’s listed as home/road ‘98. it’s not lack of attention to detail, that’s just being consistent in how they list them

It’s both. 

2 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Correct. But it’s so typical of that game’s complete lack of attention to detail those are marked as ‘19 and not 1919. 

But there's no reason they'd have 2019 uniforms in the 2018 game. "Complete lack of attention to detail" is a bit hyperbolic.  I mean, the '94 Pirates unis have the '94 All Star Patch, so they did pay some attention to details.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

It's not lack of attention to detail, it's more of a stupid idea to label the uniforms that way. By putting '19 you'd think they'd realize "Oh someone could make a mistake and think it means 2019!" but also why on earth would there be a 2019 uniform in the game? More importantly, nobody labels years like that anymore really.

If the Indians are going to get a new uniform, they're going to debut it on their own terms and not a year in advance in a video game. That's just not how it works.

bSLCtu2.png

As others have pointed out, it’s simply their 1919 uniforms in a video game created for the 2018 season. It’s not a “complete lack of attention to detail,” but rather a belief that people would use common sense and understand the uniforms in the game are either their current set or a throwback. 

Archived