Sign in to follow this  
PaleVermilion81

Hand painted MLS team logos

I've been working on painting logo blocks for an MLS standings board. I had created an NFL version of this a few years back, and since Minnesota United is now in the MLS, I thought it was time to make an MLS one. I underestimated the detail on these logos and the difficulty of painting them with acrylic. NFL logos aren't as detailed as MLS logos. I fact that didn't cross my mind until I started painting. The blocks are 5.125" x 2.5". In hindsight, I wish I had used oil paints as I think it may have been easier to get more precise colors when mixing and easier to work with the fine detail. All in all I'm pretty happy with them, though. Up to this point, I think I've spent about 50 hours on this project. Next step is to stain the board, paint the MLS logo, and get magnets attached to the board.

UKG9EsV.jpg

io4Q9jO.jpg

EzgwENl.jpg

Those are really impressive. Wow!

I remember your NFL series. This is fantastic!

Pretty impressed you managed to get that effect on the New England logo using paint. Well done.

Very nice. Hopefully you'll be back at it soon as Cincinnati will release their branding on November 12.

3 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Very nice. Hopefully you'll be back at it soon as Cincinnati will release their branding on November 12.

I have the block all ready to go with the magnets glued in :) I was excited to see the date was set for the announcement.