Introducing: Grace Football League (Edmond added! 5/8)

ramsjetsthunder

This OKC logo doesn't quite hit the same mark for me. I feel like, for one, the blue would get lost at small size. In fact, I zoomed this page down to 25%, and the blue looked muddied. So, if you're going to go that route, maybe lighten that blue.

Also, on the seal logo, the ceremonial pipe kind of gets lost in the shuffle. It just looks like a weird stick that wants to be a gun. How to fix that, I don't know. Maybe make the olive branch thinner?

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Guest darkpiranha
1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Perhaps putting Lynchburg first skewed the logo goal of the league. Not every logo will have Christian imagery tied in. That aspect will be most prominent in the league logo, with the rest of the teams standard. Lynchburg simply had a cross because I couldn't think of much else to do for the city, along with the opportunity presented with the L and 7.

Er... okay.  Seems like an interesting opportunity that will be missed, and a bit odd that the league was entirely religious-themed out of the gate.  Hope you didn't get spooked by people objecting to the mere idea of faith early on.  As long as you're not outright evangelizing in your posts, I can't see any issue with using Judeo-Christian symbology in logo design.  

In any event, keep it coming!  

5 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

Er... okay.  Seems like an interesting opportunity that will be missed, and a bit odd that the league was entirely religious-themed out of the gate.  Hope you didn't get spooked by people objecting to the mere idea of faith early on.  As long as you're not outright evangelizing in your posts, I can't see any issue with using Judeo-Christian symbology in logo design.  

In any event, keep it coming!  

This. That said, if you want to use the symbolism, go right ahead. I actually think that if you want to have a faith-based league, then amp up that symbolism.

I can comment purely on the art you've presented here, and what you've presented has been very good so far. I've loved looking at this series, especially after the Lynchburg logo. I meant it when I said that that lion logo was pure sex. The cross-based secondary also was very good, and the "L-7" thing was clever.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

On 10/16/2018 at 7:33 AM, C-Squared said:

One thing I've learned about design is that I don't need to be interested in the actual subject to appreciate quality design. Based on the quality of the league logo, I will be checking back in on this thread... there are lots of cool religious-themed sports logos at the college level, should be a cool project!

I definitely appreciate and echo this sentiment. We gotta learn sometimes to separate emotions from things sometimes, at least to be more understanding of those who may not sure similar views. Unfortunately, some just can't do that.

In regards to the concept @ramsjetsthunder, although I mixed on the conceptual aspect (I'm christian from up north with a mix of (conservstive and liberal) political views), the logos are pretty cool ?

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I really suggest you give the teams nicknames, to make 'em more recognizable.

I really like the overall look for Lynchburg, especially that primary lion head logo. For OKC, however, it's a swing-and-a-miss. If you really like to incorporate the arrow on to the primary logo, go for a Kansas City Chiefs-inspired logo, then refine it, as well as the secondary logo, like what you did for Lynchburg. But I do commend the colors, because the first thing that came to mind when I saw the logos is, "I see what you did there... Thunder's colors!"

That lion logo for Lynchburg is a thing of beauty. I absolutely love it.  Brightening up the OKC logo helped a lot, but I worry the right hand logo is just way too busy.  The left hand logo looks like "CKC" instead of OKC. Maybe run the arrow behind the letters or beneath it instead? Or playing off the Chiefs idea edjb93 was talking about, put that OKC font on an Arrowhead.

While I don't really align with any specific theology, I like great design and respect the message.  Looking forward to the rest.

mainescarf.png

I like the team logo concepts so far, and can't wait to see uniforms.

Why not suffix the names of the teams with e.g. AFC (American Football Club) or GFC (Gridiron Football Club), in the vein of a lot of sports teams in Europe and South America? The city name by itself isn't sufficient enough to name the team, I wouldn't think.

As for the league logo, maybe a partially laced football, with the laces that are present forming a cross shape?

Conworlds: Safir Alliance | Hoennverse

spacer.png

Here is the next team, Edmond. This team from an Oklahoma town sports the city's iconic flour mill tower as it's logo. The three bars represent the city's three high schools, as well as forming an abstract E. The wordmark is inspired based off the logo font of the historic flour company.

jL59FKi.png

vintage-antique-rodkeys-flour-metal_1_30 4duYKiy.jpg

fiowXOD.png

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like this thread is diminishing returns. That lion logo was fantastic. Then, the OKC logo, while very good, wasn't quite up to the same level. Then, the rest of the logos have been pretty basic "meh" logos. They're not bad logos by any stretch, but nowhere near the pro-level quality of the lion, in my opinion.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Guest darkpiranha

I agree in that the lion logo looks like a real, well thought-out logo that some time and effort was put into, while the rest of them have seemed like less and less effort has been put into them.  Which is fine, if that's your up-front stated goal and you're not interested in feedback.  For this Edmond one, while I appreciate the sentiment behind the tower, it comes across like you spent maybe five minutes tracing the outline of the building.  But then you just created some colored block shapes and pasted them on top, rather than drawing them in the proper perspective to where they look like they are part of the building.   And there's something weird going on with the rays in the circle.  They don't line up.  Maybe that's on purpose, but it makes the logo feel really unbalanced.  

These logos all have interesting inspirations and basic concepts, but there needs to be a lot of refinement before they're ready to go.  It's frustrating for the rest of us on this board because it feels like your goal isn't to make your logos stronger, but just to have them out there.  Again, that's okay if it's your upfront desire, but don't expect any real feedback or comments or long-term interest if you aren't showing any interest yourself.

Archived