Montreal Alouettes teasing re-brand

Evil Doctor

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

The shine on that fabric makes it look like the jersey is made of leather.

I was thinking the same thing. The blue panel that contains the "10" especially looks like a leather purse or automobile interior.

And it looks like their Jersey sponsorship will be VICE (Digital Media and Television Network)  instead of TELUS which I believe is a Canadian cellular phone service provider.

54 minutes ago, MC Buffalo said:

I was thinking the same thing. The blue panel that contains the "10" especially looks like a leather purse or automobile interior.

And it looks like their Jersey sponsorship will be VICE (Digital Media and Television Network)  instead of TELUS which I believe is a Canadian cellular phone service provider.

It could be a new branding for the East teams next year. KalTire or Michelin was assigned as sponsor patches for the West division teams. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think the Vice sponsorship, if it is a sponsorship deal and not just for the uniform teaser, is only with the Alouettes.  Vice, GRDN studio and the team has been working on the rebrand.  Vice has been following the team for the past season and has come up with a bunch of content about the culture of football in Montreal. 

20 minutes ago, M4One said:

I think the Vice sponsorship, if it is a sponsorship deal and not just for the uniform teaser, is only with the Alouettes.  Vice, GRDN studio and the team has been working on the rebrand.  Vice has been following the team for the past season and has come up with a bunch of content about the culture of football in Montreal. 

I wish that if the CFL teams where going to stick with sponsorship that each team get their own sponsors rather than two sponsors for the whole league. I'd also like to see the Grey Cup patches come back too. Other than the field markings and halftime it looks like just another game. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I wish that if the CFL teams where going to stick with sponsorship that each team get their own sponsors rather than two sponsors for the whole league. I'd also like to see the Grey Cup patches come back too. Other than the field markings and halftime it looks like just another game. 

I think one sponsorship patch already is for a national/conference ad, while the other is a local sponsor.  Could be wrong about that.

It may just be the way i'm reading it but I think they just mean they are getting new uniforms, not a new logo. 

Seems like they have said "re branding our uniforms". 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On 10/16/2018 at 2:21 PM, MC Buffalo said:

Yes, Telus is Canadian cellular phone provider.

On 10/16/2018 at 6:19 PM, M4One said:

I think one sponsorship patch already is for a national/conference ad, while the other is a local sponsor.  Could be wrong about that.

Yes, the right side patch is national while the left side is local until the playoffs Grey Cup where it's two national sponsors since 2013 it's been CP and Sunlife.

zyyMk1d.png

On 10/19/2018 at 9:01 AM, mr.negative15 said:

It may just be the way i'm reading it but I think they just mean they are getting new uniforms, not a new logo. 

Seems like they have said "re branding our uniforms". 

I think they are coming out with new everything, including logo.  It's the right time for them to do it.  And I just realized this might have been the reason for why the team was using their previous logos on the helmet this season, seemingly for no reason until now.

13 minutes ago, M4One said:

I think they are coming out with new everything, including logo.  It's the right time for them to do it.  And I just realized this might have been the reason for why the team was using their previous logos on the helmet this season, seemingly for no reason until now.

Yeah, I spent the entire season watching them and wondering why they were bothering, especially with all the helmet decals being one color.  Seemed pointless.  Still does, come to think of it.

The Als need an overhaul, to be sure.  A retro overhaul though - bring this baby back to the helmets...

fwkxduvpmhpe1bxvgqh3ewblo.gif

nav-logo.png

3 hours ago, M4One said:

Oh, ok, maybe I just mid read it. 

I agree, with a new uniform supplier and after the whole season of using the old/minimalist logos now is the time.

To be honest, I hope they bring back the wings on the helmet.....it'd be something different for the CFL, make them stand out. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

21 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

The team wore 4 minimalist versions of logos from multiple eras, this year.

It was a water tester, imo.

The cartoon Alouette does need to go. It's a product of the 90s. This needs to remain...

DmKoqd8U0AE4nBZ.jpg

Considering it is a nine-team league, it seems pretty ridiculous for 2 teams (especially division rivals) to use a basic letter A as a logo. I can give them a pass if they include the bird, but the A by itself is way too plain. I'd rather see them bring this patch back and promote it to the primary:

15037796815_7b9caf826d_o.jpg

Just replace the "425" with "MTL", and either throw it on a white/silver helmet, or go with the wings on the helmet.

• 3 weeks later...

An Early Look at the New Montreal Alouettes Logos for 2019

November 12, 2018 - 17:20 PM

The Montreal Alouettes have been teasing us with their new logos and uniforms for the 2019 season over the last few weeks, and now courtesy a trademark registration with the Canadian Intellectual Property Office, we may have gotten a good […]

Read More...

I'd like to see the helmet with better detail first. 

I like the logo though. It's an "M" and a bird. That's kind of cool

Archived